Search for a datafile, a game or an answer to your question ?
Some more bugs have been fixed, and I added today the update checking feature (for you to know when updates are avilable).
The current status of the application is good enough for a beta release. I still have to build a 'release' version, add some warning messages and make it works on a clean pc under win7 to win 8.1.
Then I will release a first beta version. I have no dates yet, but don't expect it sooner than 2 weeks...
I'm still testing the repair operations on most of my old roms. Each folder bring some bugs but I can now repair whole rom folder without crashing.
Performances are quite good, even in debug mode. I will publish an unfinished version with only some features for fixing roms asap.
Still fixing and improving operations.
I started to scan and fix big folders with mame 0.160 this week end. This raises some crashes and bugs as expected. I'm currently looking for the problems.
I'm quite happy with the fix speed. No more time to wait after operations to analyse and load...
To be continued...
Some news today on the forthcoming rc4.
To improve performance with big dat (mame), I had to rewrite part of the fix engine. This is now done, and all fix test are now ok.
I will do some real tests and finish optimization with the latest mame release.
After that, I have some bugs to fix in the gui. Then a beta will be released for you.
Still working every day on rc4.
I started to optimize database updates while fixing operations.
It was something I would like to do, but later. Unfortunatly, I came across some problems and I decided to do it now.
I reworked the database design and simplify it a bit. Some meaningless info have been removed to improve speed and most queries have been optimized.
Now, I'm updating source code to reflect database changes.
In the current state, with a mame database and more than 100 roms folders, I can rename roms and update display and db in real time !