[BUG 3.54] Constraint violation on network share

Bugs are now stored in a bug tracker application. Click on the "Support/Bug reports" link above.

Moderator: Wanderer

SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

[BUG 3.54] Constraint violation on network share

Post by SFX Group »

Hi all

I map a drive, i then open this path in RC, close RC, disconnect this path, then when opening RC again it shows as a small red X by it (as expected), however when i try to remove this path i get the below error:

Ive seen this before, i need to remove all contents from this path, update the database (F5) then remove it, however cant do that here as i no longer have anything connected to this path, so how do i remove a path that no longer exsists?
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024

SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Re: BUG? Cant close rom path once network drive gone

Post by SFX Group »

PART B

If i map a drive like above (drive S) this is fine until i "move all files" with the right lick, it then remaps this drive to X inside ROM center only which doesn’t exists, this is how the above mapped drive issue has come about (its happened twice).

Is there a problem with using mapped drives with the current version?
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

I have tried different things and notice only one 'prolem':
I have shared a path on my pc, and mount a lettre on that share. This is not a real network share, just a local.
I had already another local path inside romcenter and as soon as I did the share, the previous romcenter rom path changes its letter to the new one. This happens because the share has the same serial as the local disk. It will require a fix.
Then I add the new share in rc, move all files, kill the share and remove the path. No problems.

To finish with this problem, could you zip your .rdt file with the bad rom path loaded, upload it to rapidshare and mail me the link (help at romcenter dot com) ? I will remove the path myself and track the error with the debugger.

Thanks
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by SFX Group »

RomCenter wrote:could you zip your .rdt
Where is it located?

Its doing this all the time now, have about 3 drive X in the system....
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

SFX Group wrote:Where is it located?
In your RC folder, you can find a "startup.ini". Open it (with notepad or any text file viewer) and you will see where the "datafiles" folder is. You can find the .rdt under "datafiles"\"datas" folder.

SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by SFX Group »

Thanks found it....

As a side note here (with regards drive ID numbering), my mapped drive "x:" as it jumps to has a mapping to the same server / drive but a different share, would RC be seing the same drive ID number therefore jumping the letter from S to X as both S and X letters are mapped to the same server and drive but a differing share folder?
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Wanderer wrote:
SFX Group wrote:Where is it located?
In your RC folder, you can find a "startup.ini". Open it (with notepad or any text file viewer) and you will see where the "datafiles" folder is. You can find the .rdt under "datafiles"\"datas" folder.
Or "files/open data folder"
Report bugs here.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

SFX Group wrote:Thanks found it....

As a side note here (with regards drive ID numbering), my mapped drive "x:" as it jumps to has a mapping to the same server / drive but a different share, would RC be seing the same drive ID number therefore jumping the letter from S to X as both S and X letters are mapped to the same server and drive but a differing share folder?
I noticed some troubles if you play with local share and share letters. I don't know exactly what's going on yet, but afaik, it is harmless. I will check these bugs this week and then release the 3.55 (bugs fix).
Report bugs here.

SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Re: [BUG 3.54] Constraint violation on network share

Post by SFX Group »

Hi

I assume you got my email with the download link?

It doesnt seem to "erase" the contents ofthis drive letter, mearly change the letter only in the database as i notice its still "counted" what it did, i just cant access any of the stored data inside that path as the letter was moved for it, the path is still identical though.
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Yes, I got it. I will check that.
Thank you for your help.
Report bugs here.

SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by SFX Group »

RomCenter wrote:Thank you for your help.
Welcome :super:
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

I have troubles getting the file. The bandwidth is very low, and I got time out. Now, I can't reach the site anymore.
Please keep the file online until I confirm I got it.
Thanks.
Report bugs here.

SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by SFX Group »

RomCenter wrote:I have troubles getting the file. The bandwidth is very low, and I got time out. Now, I can't reach the site anymore.
Please keep the file online until I confirm I got it.
Thanks.
Been down loading alot, they are moving the road outside so internet been abit shaky, i wont remove the file for a while yet (have Tb worth of space), keep me posted :)
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

You can upload the file on rapidshare and PM me the link (it's free, no registration required).
Report bugs here.

SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by SFX Group »

RomCenter wrote:You can upload the file on rapidshare and PM me the link (it's free, no registration required).
Ive sent the link in email for DropBox (same system, i trust dropbox abit more as i have signed contract with them), i will also PM the link.

Let me know when you have it, i can remove it from the store then.
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

I get it. Thank you.

I will now check your file.
I've already noticed you have 2 times the same rom folder in the paths list. How did you do that ? Maybe that's the problem ?
Report bugs here.

SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by SFX Group »

RomCenter wrote:I get it. Thank you.

I will now check your file.
I've already noticed you have 2 times the same rom folder in the paths list. How did you do that ? Maybe that's the problem ?
The folder as it shows in the log file you have, is it drive S or X?

I map drive S to a service drive, i then add a rom folder (S:\Storage Archive\Windows\Games\MAME\Games\ROMS), i then do some work, then MOVE some files to this folder (inside RC), once its complete it then re-shows that rom path as X:\Storage Archive\Windows\Games\MAME\Games\ROMS, which means i now cant access any of those files inside RC as the folder shows with a red X as it should as X:\Storage Archive\Windows\Games\MAME\Games\ROMS doesnt exsist.

This means i can add rom path S:\Storage Archive\Windows\Games\MAME\Games\ROMS again, then we go around in circles, it will come up as X:\Storage Archive\Windows\Games\MAME\Games\ROMS and you see in the log file.

I never add X:\Storage Archive\Windows\Games\MAME\Games\ROMS, something in RC is changing S to X, i do however have a mapped drive on X and its to the same server.

Drive X and S are mapped to the same server, same hard drive on the remote machine, is it seing a unique ID here and deciding to move S to X. Ive not deleted the paths yet until you fix the problem. I could create a folder tree in X mapped drive so RC will see nothing there and allow to delete the paths (i hope).
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

I fixed the paths letter problem.
But I never met the constraint violation while removing paths...

I met some troubles with your db. It contains more than 27000 files and refreshing it takes a very long time (I killed it before the end...).
So I'm currently looking for db optimization and probably a db engine upgrade.
Report bugs here.

SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by SFX Group »

Hi

Sounds good, the database is an almost complete list of the large set of games :)

The error appears when trying to remove the rom path, it takes a while then appears. How do we get our hands on the working path drive letter version?

Many Thanks
Ashley
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

SFX Group wrote: Sounds good, the database is an almost complete list of the large set of games :)
With three times the same path, you have three times the complete rom sets :shock:
I will keep your db for further stress testing.
SFX Group wrote:The error appears when trying to remove the rom path, it takes a while then appears. How do we get our hands on the working path drive letter version?
You can't have the updated version yet. It must come with the updated db and I'm still working on it.
Report bugs here.

SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by SFX Group »

RomCenter wrote:With three times the same path, you have three times the complete rom sets :shock:
I will keep your db for further stress testing.
Good to see they will come in handy, be nice if i could remove the rom paths though so i can get the last 2 files i need (as i cant see anything yet).
RomCenter wrote:You can't have the updated version yet. It must come with the updated db and I'm still working on it.
Do you have an idea of time? be nice to be able to see what files i have (moving 100+Gb around the networks takes a while to do) :(
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

I rewrote most part of sample handler, so it took some times.
It is now almost finished. I still have a couple of bugs to fix before the release (maybe next week if all goes well).

Note that I changed some critical parts of the database and it is no more compatible with the current version :(
So you will have to re-create a database from mame and then re-import all roms. Sorry.
Report bugs here.

SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by SFX Group »

RomCenter wrote:I rewrote most part of sample handler, so it took some times.
It is now almost finished. I still have a couple of bugs to fix before the release (maybe next week if all goes well).

Note that I changed some critical parts of the database and it is no more compatible with the current version :(
So you will have to re-create a database from mame and then re-import all roms. Sorry.

Sounds good, its only CPU time, and as i cant seem to delete these rom file locations doenst worry me.... will update on how that all goes :)
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024