Bugs

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
CvP
PacMan
PacMan

Bugs

Post by CvP »

Sorry I don't have time to search the forum if these bugs are already reported.

1. Say a zip contains abc.rom and abcd.rom
abc.rom is unknown to the DAT file
abcd.rom is known to the dat file as abc.rom
now when you command "rename roms" RC renames abcd.rom to abc.rom. But the problem is the old abc.rom still remains in the zip file.
So you'll have to abc.rom in same zip file and they're not in different paths in the zip file!! after that if you open the file with winzip and try to delete one file winzip deletes both. Note that, my rom path had a "read only" attribute.

2. This error is a bit complicated to describe. Cause I still don't know the proper conditions for this error.

select a zip file in romcenter.
now open the file with winzip and do some manual fixing on it. remember to leave RC untouched till now.
Try some fixing on the zip now. RC will ask for a refresh and a access violation will be the result. I had this error about 10-15 times while fixing my mame roms with RC and winzip.

:idea: BTW, a manual rename option in RC is very very needed.
Crimson vs Purple

Ad_Enuff
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

Re: Bugs

Post by Ad_Enuff »

CvP wrote:Sorry I don't have time to search the forum if these bugs are already reported.

1. Say a zip contains abc.rom and abcd.rom
abc.rom is unknown to the DAT file
abcd.rom is known to the dat file as abc.rom
now when you command "rename roms" RC renames abcd.rom to abc.rom. But the problem is the old abc.rom still remains in the zip file.
So you'll have to abc.rom in same zip file and they're not in different paths in the zip file!! after that if you open the file with winzip and try to delete one file winzip deletes both. Note that, my rom path had a "read only" attribute.
If you have BAD or unrecognised roms you must firstly use teh REMOVE USLESS ROMS command.

Then use FIX ROMS.

Then you dont have two files with the same name and 2 diffrent crc's.