Confusing messages from Romcenter

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
SgtSarros
PacMan
PacMan

Confusing messages from Romcenter

Post by SgtSarros »

I am checking out some of my roms.. one says:

File was not detected as an SNES ROM dump. ok.

And is flagged green. It passes CRC check in zsnes, and appears to run just fine.

Does this mean that part of the file (maybe later on) is damaged, and i should see if i can replace it, or does it mean that everything is okay with it?

dbjh
Galaga
Galaga

Re: Confusing messages from Romcenter

Post by dbjh »

SgtSarros wrote:Does this mean that part of the file (maybe later on) is damaged, and i should see if i can replace it, or does it mean that everything is okay with it?
It means what it says. The SNES plug-in did not recognise it as a SNES ROM dump. What counts is that its CRC32 value was found in the DAT file.

SgtSarros
PacMan
PacMan

Post by SgtSarros »

so is it or is it not an SNES file?

dbjh
Galaga
Galaga

Post by dbjh »

The SNES plug-in can't confirm it's a SNES file. That's something different than saying that it is not a SNES file. The CRC32 value was found in the DAT file which strongly suggests that it's a SNES file.

[edit]
It runs in ZSNES, so it is a SNES file.

SgtSarros
PacMan
PacMan

Post by SgtSarros »

okay just wanted to be sure.. thought maybe it was an incomplete SNES file, which is why zsnes would load it, but maybe later on there would be an issue.

Thanks for the help ^_^