Registered users only?

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
Logiqx
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

Registered users only?

Post by Logiqx »

Hi Eric,

I am often deleting adverts for pharmaceuticals or pr0n sites from this board. They are always made by guest users and my guess is that they are posted automatically by some kind of spider/robot.

I think it would be wise to change the board to registered users only so that it doesn't happen (until the automated systems get clever enough to register a user and then post).

This would also stop the other type of post that I often delete... guest users pressing 'post reply' and not saying anything, just creating a quote of an old post.

Logiqx

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Yes, I also delete some unwanted messages, and there are more and more these times...

Does it make any problem to anybody if I allow posting to registered users only ?

If not, that's the way to go, then :(
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Logiqx
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

Post by Logiqx »

It shouldn't cause any problems. I have my board configured for registered users only...

Ad_Enuff
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

Post by Ad_Enuff »

I think its the best way....although I hope the forum doesnt open itself up to being hacked....

Therefore upgrade the forum to the latest version THEN only allow reg users.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

RomCenter wrote:Yes, I also delete some unwanted messages, and there are more and more these times...

Does it make any problem to anybody if I allow posting to registered users only ?

If not, that's the way to go, then :(
Ad_Enuff wrote:Therefore upgrade the forum to the latest version THEN only allow reg users.
I agree with both. In any case, i assume the majority of the unregistered users do not follow this forum regularily and most of the regular users are already registered so there may be only a few unregistered users out there who will just have to register to use the forum. It's free, it's easy and if anyone has concerns, it's still as anonymous as an unregistered user. I believe it's better that way, easier for the administrators and we'll all know who we're talikng to (sort-of) :) .

Ammammata
PacMan
PacMan

Post by Ammammata »

RomCenter wrote:Does it make any problem to anybody if I allow posting to registered users only ?
No at all, for me is OK
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\