newbie stuff

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links

newbie stuff

Post by Guest »

I have read the read me and the help in this program 10 times over and i dont understand. I dowloaded romcenter obviously. I downloaded the database for neogeo. I have just 2 games thats it, thats all i wanted to play, metal slug 1 and 2. and i can't figure out how to even get the damn files to show up in any window, so that i can fix them or whatever. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

Hello Guest.

I assume you have downloaded v2.x of RomCenter and not v3 alpha. In there, you have to select your datafile in the list (combobox) that appears in the toolbar. After you have done that, you have to press CTRL+O (add rom path) and select the path in which you have saved the actual files on your hard disk. That's all.

maltaleo

cant get roms to recognize

Post by maltaleo »

i can not add the rom directory on my hd to rom center is there any way to put in in the ini file so i can have it read my roms?

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: cant get roms to recognize

Post by Wanderer »

maltaleo wrote:i can not add the rom directory on my hd to rom center is there any way to put in in the ini file so i can have it read my roms?
First you have to select your datafile in the list (combobox) that appears in the toolbar in order to be able to add a rompath. If you have done that, try drag-n-drop from Windows Explorer to RC (the left part of the window which contains the tree). If this does not work either, you can edit the INI file and add it manually (search for "RomPaths="). There shouldn't be a need to do that though. Drag-n-drop usually works OK.