Fix Game doesn't work with files on NAS-server

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
ScalNeCuS

Post by ScalNeCuS »

I've moved all Mame-ROMs on a FreeNAS NAS-server (Network Attached Storage).
The ROMS are more or less in separate directories (NeoGeo, CPS2, CPS, SegaModel2, etc..).
Unfortunately RomCenter 2.71 can't fix any ROMs anymore, since IMO due to the nature of NAS it thinks something in the ROMpaths has changed, so every time a refresh is asked.
Of course I can close all ROM-paths on the NAS and use a directory on my harddrive, but that always a lot of hassle.
Could it be possible on a future version to exclude certain Rom-paths from being checked for changes or is there another workaround for this?

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

Hi ScalNeCuS

I have seen the following RC behavior in the past:

I had placed mame roms on a removable harddrive. Everytime i attached the HD to the PC, it received a different ID. RC stores this ID somewhere in the folder's settings and if it finds it has changed, it "locks" the rom path as if it were on a CD (so no "fix" can be performed as RC thinks the roms are on a write-protected drive).

Perhaps something similar happens in your case. Try this: close and reopen the NAS rom path and try to perform a fix immediately (without closing RC). If it works, close and reopen RC and try "fix" again. If it doesn't work, you have a similar behavior to the one i describe. In that case there is not much that can be done at the moment. Eric has stopped spending time on RC2 so you will have to try out one of the RC3 alphas to see if you have the same problem. Just remember to backup your roms before trying anything with the alphas.

ScalNeCuS

Post by ScalNeCuS »

Hi Wanderer,

I agree, the first fix always works, but on subsequent fixes a refresh is always asked.
Closing all paths and reopening all paths is more a hassle than than putting everything on a local harddrive.
For the moment I can live with the situation.

ScalNeCuS

Post by ScalNeCuS »

The problem seems to be resolved since I updated to FreeNas V0.684b.