No shell operations

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
Ikono

No shell operations

Post by Ikono »

How come I don't have any shell operations or fix game commands available, even though I am trying them from (what I hope is) the correct place to do it.

here's a picture to help:

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

Hi Ikono.

Try them under a Rom path, not under the "Games Database" path.

Post by Guest »

Ahh, thanks. but why can't I delete when it is selected from the parent node so I can select all? Whenever I try to delete one, it says "Operation completed successfully" in an error window with the "red X" image. When it returns, the rom image is still there.

ikono

Post by ikono »

Also, when I delete the game from the rom's separate node, it works without the odd error message.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

Anonymous wrote:Ahh, thanks. but why can't I delete when it is selected from the parent node so I can select all?
I can't be sure but i assume the reason is because you may have several open rom paths containing the files. In that case what should happen? Should they be deleted from all rom paths? You probably don't want that.

ikono

Post by ikono »

Hmm... i doubt that to be the case. I created a .dat file from a gbahave.txt, so the separate roms are listed separately
2 Bits Ball Wall by JustBurn (PD)
2 Games in 1 - Brother Bear & The Lion King (E) (M8 )
2 Games in 1 - Columns Crown & Chu Chu Rocket! (E) (M5)
2 Games in 1 - Crash Bandicoot - Fusion & Spyro - Fusion (E) (M5) [f126]
2 Games in 1 - Crash Bandicoot - Fusion & Spyro - Fusion (E) (M5)
2 Games in 1 - Die Monster AG & Findet Nemo (G) [b1]
2 Games in 1 - Die Monster AG & Findet Nemo (G)
2 Games in 1 - Disney Princesas & Lizzie McGuire (S)
2 Games in 1 - Disney Princess & Lizzie McGuire (E) [f_4]
2 Games in 1 - Disney Princess & Lizzie McGuire (E) [f_5]
2 Games in 1 - Disney Princess & Lizzie McGuire (E)
2 Games in 1 - Disney Princesse & Frere des Ours (F)
2 Games in 1 - Disney's Il Re Leone & Disney Principesse (I) [f_4]
2 Games in 1 - Disney's Il Re Leone & Disney Principesse (I) [f_5]
2 Games in 1 - Disney's Il Re Leone & Disney Principesse (I)
2 Games in 1 - Disney's Koenig der Loewen & Disney's Prinzessinnen (G) [f_4]
2 Games in 1 - Disney's Koenig der Loewen & Disney's Prinzessinnen (G) [f_5]
2 Games in 1 - Disney's Koenig der Loewen & Disney's Prinzessinnen (G)
2 Games in 1 - Dr. Mario & Puzzle League (E) (M5) [f_4]
2 Games in 1 - Dr. Mario & Puzzle League (E) (M5) [f_5]
2 Games in 1 - Dr. Mario & Puzzle League (E) (M5)
2 Games in 1 - GT Advance 3 & Moto GP (E)
It is in that format in the .txt file, and I used ListTool 3.4 to convert it to a 'Romcenter' .dat file.
Since each rom is it's own entry in the database, that database is identical to the path database, with the exception of the few games I deleted manually from their listing in the path list.
There are no rom sets from my perspective, as the only one is the parent node. What I am doing is remove the non-english games from the list, because as German is the only other language I know, and at a barely understanding level at that. So, understandably (I hope :P) I have little use for such titles as "Dokodemo Taikyoku Yakuman Advance (J) [T+Chi][a1]"
Here is another picture of the error. It's a url link this time, as I couldn't reliably cut things down to shrink the image.
http://i16.tinypic.com/4pkn2vq.jpg

also, a bit off topic, but is the anti bot question removed if an account is created? I hate pulling out a calculator for a simple anti bot question... why can't they all be like the 'fire' question? :?:

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

Anonymous wrote:Ahh, thanks. but why can't I delete when it is selected from the parent node so I can select all? Whenever I try to delete one, it says "Operation completed successfully" in an error window with the "red X" image. When it returns, the rom image is still there.
Hi Ikono

I'm not really sure if what you're trying to do is not valid or it is valid and you've found a bug. Sorry, i don't think i can help here.
ikono wrote:also, a bit off topic, but is the anti bot question removed if an account is created?
Yes, no anti-bot questions. You can also get automatic email notifications for replies in your posts and other useful stuff.

Ikono

Re: No shell operations

Post by Ikono »

Wow. I'm back after almost half a year with more clarification. (Was it only that long ago?)
Anyways, when you look at the list from the parent node in the rom pathway, you cannot delete the rom; It gives the "operation completed" error.
After it does that, then it goes to this:
where it has the warning exclaimation at '1' after the 1st image happens. When you refresh it, it goes back to normal, like at '2'.
Finally, if you go to the separate rom path under the main parent node like so:
then try and delete it from the right-ward pane, then it works perfectly fine.
Also, if I try to delete from the left pane, then it does the error.
Could it be Vista that is the problem? I don't know why it would only affect it from the parent path, but I've seen weirder things under Vista =/