All roms are grey

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links

All roms are grey

Post by Guest »

I find romcenter very easy to use, but when it failles to work I'm so lost what to check. For example I have a 121 split mame rom set. I point romcenter to the 121 exe and then add a folder. Now ever rom I show in the list is grey, but why?? Is there a check list I can go over? I have romsets in pref's set to split
here is my output on refresh..

Code: Select all

Check drive availability
done
Ready
 Query Paths list
Done
Loading Path Db properties
Loaded
Preparing R:\roms\ARCADE_swg\
200 files loaded
400 files loaded
600 files loaded
800 files loaded
1000 files loaded
1200 files loaded
1400 files loaded
1600 files loaded
1800 files loaded
2000 files loaded
2200 files loaded
2400 files loaded
2600 files loaded
2800 files loaded
3000 files loaded
3200 files loaded
3400 files loaded
3600 files loaded
3800 files loaded
4000 files loaded
4200 files loaded
4400 files loaded
4600 files loaded
4800 files loaded
5000 files loaded
5200 files loaded
5400 files loaded
5600 files loaded
5800 files loaded
6000 files loaded
6200 files loaded
6400 files loaded
6600 files loaded
6800 files loaded
6946 files loaded
Check modified files
0 files removed
Check new files
0 files added
Execution time: 0h 0m 11s
 Query Paths list
Done
Ready

ulaoulao
PacMan
PacMan

Post by ulaoulao »

Sorry I was not logged in.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

The only thing I can see is that you're not in a mame datafile.
Check if you're using the right datafile. Best is to import the database directly from your mame.exe (file/new)

Which release of rc3 are you using ?
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Post by Guest »

I have the newest release you had it made for my "name too long" error. Or something like that. This is how I made the dat file. the downloads are way to confusing I never know what one I need.

ulaoulao
PacMan
PacMan

Post by ulaoulao »

Ok I see the problem but dont see how to fix it. If I add an "add" folder it sees the games and shows the zip symbol but on my existing set I have them in folders by system, and it thinks those folders are games, if I open the folder it show the game (zip file) as chip symbol instead of a zip symbol and wont identify it.

Is there a special option for multiple folder support?

also is there any support for "system" folders like cmpro?

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Ok, thank you for posting the solution.

RomCenter 3, like rc2, only handles one folder level. If you add a folder with subfolders, rc3 tries to identify the subfolders as a chd folder. It does not scan the zip in subfolders.

If you have all your roms in subfolders, add each subfolder in romcenter. The easiest way is to drag all folders from explorer to rc.

Can you explain exactly what is system folders in clrmame ?
Report bugs here.

Post by Guest »

system folders, is almost vital to some. If I use "system folders" then I can just add my torrents and do an easy update.

ulaoulao
PacMan
PacMan

Post by ulaoulao »

Let me add a bit to that post. here is my paradigm.

say I have set 121

then I download 122 updates 100 files..

now I just want to load up a rename and do a scan and have then place the roms in the right dirs. Now why this has to be brain science with Cmpro I dont know LOL. But with out the folders my emu front end would be at a loss. and if I wanted to do a mass update the torrent would be at a loss being the folders are not there. I'm guessing romcenter does not do this, nor will it? I guess to me its not all about renaming its about re organizing.

update:: on the topic of renaming..

here I have a 121 complete verified good set. I run romcenter with a 122 dat I get get lots of "incomplete (rom available)"

now I know 121 and 122 are not that different. The update alone is only 100 files. but not included in my screen shot... every folder is saying this..

I have from what I believe a split set. most of the roms use files from other roms, and I would think if I select "split" in your settings I would see that reflected and not the word incomplete.. So does the yellow icon mean yes you have this file but you dont need to fix it? If so I would suggest not saying "incomplete (roms available)", perhapses "complete (roms available in other zips)" Other wise one could easily make a mistake and bust there split set. Or did I not understand somethings here..

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

No, system folder is not yet available to rc yet. But I have some idea to add such features.

Yellow flag means something is wrong with this file. Comment gives reasons why flag is yellow: according to your settings, some roms are missing in the zip.
For example, hunchbka is complete. No works need to be done on this file (green), even if it uses some roms from hunchbak which is in yellow state.

Note that the bios setting is 'split'. It means the bios roms must be included in the main game zip. Usually, we use the merge mode for bios (keep the bios in separate files, neogeo.zip for example).
This is the reason the cvs.zip file is assimilated to the shootgal game. cvs is a bios only file, but in split mode, the are no more separate bios file.

To see exactly what is wrong, select the rom (double lick the 'cosmos.zip' ) and see which roms is missing (in yellow) , and which is really missing (in red, in cvs for example).
Report bugs here.

Re: All roms are grey

Post by Guest »

No, system folder is not yet available to rc yet. But I have some idea to add such features.
- This may help matters.

I ended up relearning cmpro and I have a 100% good set. Yet I still dont see why I have all this yellow? I must be missing something.
For example, hunchbka is complete. No works need to be done on this file (green), even if it uses some roms from hunchbak which is in yellow state.
- by that yellow is bad? then why does a good set show bad? Could it be that my bios settings should not be split and my roms should.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: All roms are grey

Post by RomCenter »

Guest wrote:I ended up relearning cmpro and I have a 100% good set. Yet I still dont see why I have all this yellow? I must be missing something.
If you use different settings in romcenter and clrmamepro, then you got different results.
- by that yellow is bad? then why does a good set show bad? Could it be that my bios settings should not be split and my roms should.
Yes, yellow is bad, but fixable. It can be bad name, bad case etc... Double click 'hunchbka' and tell me what is wrong.
And yes, you surely must use a 'merged bios' setting.