Need Help, new mame, old roms!!!

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
echelon4
Pong
Pong

Need Help, new mame, old roms!!!

Post by echelon4 »

First, I want to thank to all of You for your enthusiastic patience in these years that have passed and keep up the good work :D. Now, the problem. I'll keep it brief. I have found some old mame roms within my dusty CD's but they just wont work :gnak: with this new mame versions (0.12xx...), so i kept searching for older versions of mame and I found it. It's 0.62b version. Of course I didn't forget to rebuild roms but there are many roms from 2000-2003 that cannot be rebuild. What am I going to do to make them work???

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: Need Help, new mame, old roms!!!

Post by RomCenter »

Hi

I think the best thing to do is not to find an older mame, but find newer roms. Mame 0.122 has a way better emulation level than 0.62 and can emulate far more games, and if you can't fix your old roms, it is because they had bad roms which have been replaced by correct verified ones.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

echelon4
Pong
Pong

Post by echelon4 »

RomCenter wrote:Hi

I think the best thing to do is not to find an older mame, but find newer roms. Mame 0.122 has a way better emulation level than 0.62 and can emulate far more games, and if you can't fix your old roms, it is because they had bad roms which have been replaced by correct verified ones.
Thank You for info, but looking at sysreq for these new mame versions, I'm kinda desperate...I'm running WinXP Pro with 512Mb of RAM, AMD Sempron 2500+ (1.75GHz) :oops: ..,so there is a little chance running these roms on mame with my computer :? Do You have any further suggestions???

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

Hello

Try to confirm that those roms you have are compatible with that mame version (0.62). Perhaps they need a slightly older or younger mame. The next step would be to search around for rom sites or try the newsgroups (alt.binaries.emulators.mame).

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

echelon4 wrote: Thank You for info, but looking at sysreq for these new mame versions, I'm kinda desperate...I'm running WinXP Pro with 512Mb of RAM, AMD Sempron 2500+ (1.75GHz) :oops: ..,so there is a little chance running these roms on mame with my computer :? Do You have any further suggestions???
Correct me if I'm wrong, but your computer seems perfectly able to run earlier arcade games (neogeo, cps1, cps2...). :shock:
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.