Install old version or wait for version 3?

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
Archy

Install old version or wait for version 3?

Post by Archy »

I've set up a new Windows-PC and want to use RomCenter again, but I don't know if I should reinstall the old version or wait for the latest one?

I wouldn't want to install the current version 2.71 and then have the final version 3 come out a week later.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: Install old version or wait for version 3?

Post by Wanderer »

AFAIK, there are no plans for releasing version 3 very soon. Eric has not said anything about releasing a new version next week anyway ;) . It seems there are still a few things to be done so i wouldn't expect a final version in the very near future. Also, it seems that the checks and the resulting files produced by RC2 are different than what is produced by RC3. RC3 seems to produce more trusted results since it's more modern (or it will do so in the final version anyway).

It might be better to install both versions in different folders and perform some checks (not fixes) with both versions and judge by yourself. In any case, before doing any tests (if you plan so), you should backup your roms.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Hi

You can safely install beta 2. I made a lot of tests and it is stable. Remember to always backup your roms.
The beta 2 is almost a release candidate. I already change some gui things, adding search box and I'm actually preparing the translation file. Fix engine has not been changed from beta 2.
As soon as the translation file is ok, I will publish the final version. 8)

So, go with rc3 beta 2.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

RomCenter wrote:As soon as the translation file is ok, I will publish the final version. 8)
:D Great news Eric. Thanks for the info.