best way to add new/fix roms

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
mviars
Pong
Pong

best way to add new/fix roms

Post by mviars »

First off Romcenter has been great. I have been able to fix what can be fixed with my old roms for newer mame. Now my question is where do I go from here. I have many still unusable roms that I would like to fix or replace. First I thought I would just redownload the roms that were RED to get all the files I may need but this does not always work. I am guessing that some of the files may be in other Rom set that I do not have yet. So my question is how can I really know what Roms to download to fix what I need. I as considering just deleting all my red roms and redownloading all roms that I need but that seems like a wast of time. SO what does eveyone else do when they have some unfixable or missing roms. Is there a way to tell what roms are actually completely missing so that I can download them first then see if any of them have the files needed to fix the roms that are just missing a few files?

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: best way to add new/fix roms

Post by Wanderer »

Hi there.

Usually, downloading single roms is not possible. I think everybody usually posts full games so it might be better to download the full red games. You can always request the single roms of course but it's up to the posters to help you...