mameinfo.dat error

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
hotlips69
Pong
Pong

mameinfo.dat error

Post by hotlips69 »

I'm a new user of Romcenter, and I simply want it to vereify my mame 0.141 roms collection is complete.
I've downloaded the mameinfo.dat and attempted to tell the program about it (file, new, load games list from dat file, create the game database), but I get the following error:

Import datas from [C:\Users\Public\Documents\romcenter\Datas\Logiqx\mameinfo.dat] to [C:\Users\Public\Documents\romcenter\Datas\mameinfo.rdt]
**Error :Error during datutil conversion on command ["C:\Program Files\Romcenter\datutil.exe" -f genericxml -v -o "c:\users\mandar~1\appdata\local\temp\rc_dat.xml" "C:\Users\Public\Documents\romcenter\Datas\Logiqx\mameinfo.dat"]
Database closed

Could the dat file be corrupt in some way?

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: mameinfo.dat error

Post by Wanderer »

hotlips69 wrote:I'm a new user of Romcenter, and I simply want it to vereify my mame 0.141 roms collection is complete.
I've downloaded the mameinfo.dat and attempted to tell the program about it
If you want to verify a mame collection, you can always instruct Romcenter to "extract" it directly from mame.exe (file / new / load games list from an emulator). You just have to provide the appropriate mame.exe version (0.141 in your case).

As for the dat file, i just downloaded it myself and i get the same error as you. Perhaps a new datutil version is required, only Logiqx can answer that though...

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: mameinfo.dat error

Post by RomCenter »

Hi

Mameinfo.dat is not a datafile. It is an info file with details on each mame version. It can be used only with compatible frontends.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.