CHDs (again?)

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
Wanderer
Board master
Board master

CHDs (again?)

Post by Wanderer »

CHDs appear as red in RC 3.54 with MAME 0.142. RC reports different CRC/SHA1. Something changed perhaps?

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: CHDs (again?)

Post by RomCenter »

Nothing I'm aware of.
Can you give a example ?

I tried with the p911 small chd and all seems ok !?
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

Well, it was a matter of re-arranging the files at the end. I have put them in a path separate from the roms but i made the mistake of zipping them instead of putting them in folders. Hadn't played much with the whole CHDs concept so far so i guess i have some catch-up to do.

From what i understood though, RC expects to find the CHD folders under the main ROMS path. There's no way to have them in a path completely separate from the roms, right? I noticed that when fixing, RC also puts the zips in it.

I guess that could be a feature for RC4. Have a different "node / dat / db" for roms with CHDs and be able to define a separate path for it.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

OK, maybe this is a bug, maybe it's by design, i don't know.

I have a path which should have 2 CHDs in it (according to the database). The one is OK, the other is a bad dump. I have the OK CHD file in it and the bad dump appears as yellow with "can be generated" as comment (no CRC/SHA1 is shown though). However, fixing it does nothing. I tried "create dummy roms" and "create ghost games" (just in case) but nothing. Shouldn't "create dummy roms" generate the chd? OK, since CHDs are rather large files, perhaps separate "fix" options should exist for them but IMO, there should be a way to create it.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

The chd should be created in this case.
I will check that for the next version. It is almost ready and I will release in next week I hope.
Report bugs here.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Which game is it ?
Report bugs here.