i love ROMCENTER, but i use CMPRO only,because of 7-ZIP...

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
xxxddd
Pong
Pong

i love ROMCENTER, but i use CMPRO only,because of 7-ZIP...

Post by xxxddd »

i used romcenter many years ago,such as RC271. one day, i transfered all my roms to 7-ZIP format to save the disk space. from that day, i begin to use CMPRO instead.

CMPRO----what a big nightmare!!! a little professional, but less convenient!!! i have no idea, i can still use CMPRO only, because of 7-ZIP

ROMCENTER is a really good software, i love it so much although i don't use it for a long time.

so, please, support 7-ZIP, i beg you

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: i love ROMCENTER, but i use CMPRO only,because of 7-ZIP.

Post by Wanderer »

Hi there.

As Eric mentioned in another post, it's in his todo list for RC4. It make take some time to actually see RC4 though so you'll have to be patient...

xxxddd
Pong
Pong

Post by xxxddd »

Wanderer wrote:Hi there.

As Eric mentioned in another post, it's in his todo list for RC4. It make take some time to actually see RC4 though so you'll have to be patient...
thank you

nayo
Galaga
Galaga

Post by nayo »

yeah :D
i would like 7zip support too for this software... can't wait for rc4 :lol:

7zip seems the winner about rom compression.

about data integrity preservation par2 or winrar beats it
about creating a nice self extract program who launch an exe after extraction winrar is the winner
about compressed movies i think xvid+mp3 is the winner, and really compress a divx isnt needed since is a compressed file itself
about compressed song/audio mp3 doesn't really need to be put into a compressed archive, mainly is done only for sharing a single file instead of 10+ but you lose the "online streaming" functionality
about text... i am not a huge fan of pdf but i find it better than a .doc -.-' also there are some free pdf viewer made of only 1 file... i like txt files... they are limited but "open source", and you need just notepad :P if i knew better about html 5 or some kind of open source rich text protocol... i would gladly use it when i need to insert images and other media and hyper link... i had only luck about editing an mht file... the save web page in 1 file format made by microsoft.. i edited it with word... what i like it is: is an html format i think... (zipped probably)... it seems to me more opensource than pdf... but i have no idea.

well these are my thoughs :P
btw i leave my videogame dvd in .iso format... and i dont gain that much space if i compress them with 7zip or winrar, so i leave them .iso using winiso and the optimization option under file property. (counts 2 identical files as the size of 1)