i have this suggestion about romcenter

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
nayo
Galaga
Galaga

i have this suggestion about romcenter

Post by nayo »

i found out romcenter is obstinate about absolute path... well at least regarding the rdt database... i manually set it as a relative path, software can find database, but when i close it... it does memorize the path as absolute.

giving the option to use relative path add versatility to the software... especially if roms and romcenter are in the same place (or share same main folder)

for example if i rename Console Snes into Console snes 2012 (and both roms and romcenter are inside... i dont need to modify the path)

or if i move the Console snes folder from c: to d: i still dont need to change the path :P

so just thing about it... using relative path, or preserving relative path once someone manually put it :P

nayo
Galaga
Galaga

Re: i have this suggestion about romcenter

Post by nayo »

suggestion 2:

if i have 100 uncompressed files give the option to compress them in the desired format...

right now romcenter cant zip them.

nayo
Galaga
Galaga

Re: i have this suggestion about romcenter

Post by nayo »

suggestion 3: give option to select a MAIN rompath ... and a command that work this way: you select a directory, the software automatically look for missing file of the collection that are available in this new directory... and move or copy them into the main rom path

example

database A
missing pearl days

you select directory d:\downloads ... software scan inside, find pearl days... and move or create a copy in the main rompath (for example e:\console\roms)