Starting over with MAME

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
Floyd
PacMan
PacMan

Starting over with MAME

Post by Floyd »

I have had my arcade running for many years and decided to clean it all up.
A LOT has changed!

Here is where I am.

I upgraded to MAME .189 and immediately found a lot of my games stopped working.
I have RomCenter and as always, went to Logiqx to get my DAT file.
Lo and behold, the last time that file was updated was 2010 and the forum is gone.

I built a datfile from Mame .189 and I am confused in regards to the problems I am having.

1. Green games aren't working
2. When Green games do work, when I go into MAME directly, they don't work anymore. (Both MAME and RomCenter are pointed to the same ROM directory)
3. When I click "Fix Game" on yellow games that were working, they no longer work.

For the most part, RomCenter is breaking my games.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: Starting over with MAME

Post by Wanderer »

Hi there.

RC3 development has stopped for quite some time now. RC4 is in Release Candidate state. It's still strongly suggested to keep a backup of your roms before fixing anything with it, but it seems that there are no major glitches so it should be relatively safe. I would suggest you try playing with it instead of RC3. Backup your roms and go with that.

Metalslug
Pong
Pong

Re: Starting over with MAME

Post by Metalslug »

I play MAME games for a long time and I don't have any problems with the Romcenter and how to sort the rom's by the alphabet or to sort them for the rating a gave them is that possible?