All about datafiles.

Moderator: Wanderer

Proffix
Galaga
Galaga

Hyperspin XML Files

Post by Proffix »

Hi there,

is there any chance to convert Hyperspin xml files to Romcenter Format?

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: Hyperspin XML Files

Post by Wanderer »

Hello.

I'm not sure how many different datafile formats exist out there but an interesting idea would be for RC to expose some kind of plugin-API. That way, community could create plugin-DLLs to add support for New database creation / update for new datafile formats (provided that the original datafile follows certain rules of course).

Such a plugin would just receive the source datafile, convert it to something readable by RC, and then pass it to RC and let it perform its standard database creation routine. Eric could comment on that though. For now (if you are into programming), you could create a program that does such a conversion.

Proffix
Galaga
Galaga

Post by Proffix »

Hmm i´m not an Programmer, i am a gamer and i love retro consoles..

I miss some functions in rc as an idea..

helpful can be a support for screenscraper.fr i started to do some translations for game description in german
if romcenter and screenscraper.fr where work togehter hand in hand it will be the greatest step forward

some custom tagging name rules to build the own naming convention where great too.

Database editing is a thing that i miss too (update crc, names etc..)

Hope you understand my broken englisch :)

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Wanderer wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:56 pm
Hello.

I'm not sure how many different datafile formats exist out there but an interesting idea would be for RC to expose some kind of plugin-API. That way, community could create plugin-DLLs to add support for New database creation / update for new datafile formats (provided that the original datafile follows certain rules of course).

Such a plugin would just receive the source datafile, convert it to something readable by RC, and then pass it to RC and let it perform its standard database creation routine. Eric could comment on that though. For now (if you are into programming), you could create a program that does such a conversion.
Plugin is a good way to add custom objects to romcenter. But I don't think there are so much versions of unsuported dat. Hyperspin should be supported in current version IIRC. If not, give me the version you use and I will fix it.
Latest problems with dat was incorrect xml syntax, for example a '&' in the description.

Plugin is more usefull for rom detection because there are a lot of rom format out there, mostly for console roms (header, size...). The fist work I will start after rc4 release will be to update signature plugin system (64b...) and open them to public on bitbucket repo.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Proffix wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:13 pm
Hmm i´m not an Programmer, i am a gamer and i love retro consoles..

I miss some functions in rc as an idea..

helpful can be a support for screenscraper.fr i started to do some translations for game description in german
if romcenter and screenscraper.fr where work togehter hand in hand it will be the greatest step forward

some custom tagging name rules to build the own naming convention where great too.

Database editing is a thing that i miss too (update crc, names etc..)

Hope you understand my broken englisch :)
Interesting site. I will add it to my todo list.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.