xbox1 emulation

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
bishy
PacMan
PacMan

xbox1 emulation

Post by bishy »

Hi there, I was wondering if in your next version you could include support for xbox file names? I will be putting some roms on the xbox soon and I have been told you are limited to the size of filesnames. e.g. 8 characters is it? So maybe you cud add an (x-box supported filesnames) bit in options so when u do a mass rename it does them all for you.

i hope the coding wouldnt be too much of a pain. im sure if you have recursive filenames you could drop the 8th charecter and add a 1.2.3.4 etc

well, fair play anyway as romcenter owns.

cheers
bishy

bishy
PacMan
PacMan

Post by bishy »

i just thinked I cud use modified .dat files to rename the files.
Erm can i specify the filenames in the dat file? If so i can sort it all out myself, and not bother the busy dev ppl :oops:

SlippJigg
PacMan
PacMan

Post by SlippJigg »

I agree...some Datfile Wizard should make XBOX compatible Datfiles. That would be sweet.

Bishy until then, you can use a program called baRenameX after you use romcenter. I rund the roms thru romcenter, make a copy of the rename 2nd set for the xbox with baRenameX. baRenameX also lets you zip all unzipped files, and has ftp function to send the roms to the xbox when done!

try it, you'll like it
Game Not Over,
Slippjigg