Things to include in next romcenter!

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
A.Bogard
Galaga
Galaga

Things to include in next romcenter!

Post by A.Bogard »

Hi Eric!

I was checking some errors that could be improved in next version. I'd like to post some mistakes and features you could use in next release - just suggesting ;) -

1. Error when starts RC: It doesn't maximize at all at startup.
2. Sample directory in config directory: When choosing "Romsets" The directory button doesn't appear when ussing "Split" option.
3. In "Shell" operations, you should include Copy and move to folder, either for romsets or individual files.
4. CHD Reading and checking inside the zip file - I know reading would take some time, specially the big ones, but some are not so huge - Speed experiment can start from here.
5. Personal proporsal: Language translation pack for 3.0
6. Directory error - I've posted before.

Take them into account! I love romcenter due to it's easy interface, precise rom handling and the possibility to reuse roms in different emulators.

Thanks!

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: Things to include in next romcenter!

Post by RomCenter »

1. Error when starts RC: It doesn't maximize at all at startup.
I didn't have this problem. I open rc, maximize it, close and re-open. It starts maximized and cover all the screen :?
2. Sample directory in config directory: When choosing "Romsets" The directory button doesn't appear when ussing "Split" option.
Yes, normal. You must choose a folder managed by rc, because all samples will be moved there. First, add the sample folder to romcenter and then set it as sample.
3. In "Shell" operations, you should include Copy and move to folder, either for romsets or individual files.
They will be back in 3.1.
4. CHD Reading and checking inside the zip file - I know reading would take some time, specially the big ones, but some are not so huge - Speed experiment can start from here.
Done. See rc 3.00rc1 by the end of the week-end.
5. Personal proporsal: Language translation pack for 3.0
I'm working on it. It is almost done.
6. Directory error - I've posted before.
This is fixed also in rc1.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.