RomCenter deleting both the clone and the main game

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
Zide
Pong
Pong

RomCenter deleting both the clone and the main game

Post by Zide »

Hey all,

I've been trying to use RomCenter to remove all clone ROMs and only keep main ROMs in my sets, but I'm running into an issue: it removes both the clone and the main version of some ROMs. These are my relevant RomCenter settings.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there no way to do what I'm trying to do? For the record, I'm trying to filter ZIP files of Nintendo (NES, SNES, ect.) ROMs.

Thank you.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: RomCenter deleting both the clone and the main game

Post by RomCenter »

Thank you for your post.
Your config seems correct to keep only mains.
First, you must verify that only main are available in the database. You can check the cloneof column in db view which should be empty.
Clones should appear in grey in your rom paths, and main in yellow or green. You can simply do a 'remove files'' to clean grey files.

Tell me if it works. If not I will open an issue and check that.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Zide
Pong
Pong

Post by Zide »

RomCenter wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:22 am
Thank you for your post.
Your config seems correct to keep only mains.
First, you must verify that only main are available in the database. You can check the cloneof column in db view which should be empty.
Clones should appear in grey in your rom paths, and main in yellow or green. You can simply do a 'remove files'' to clean grey files.

Tell me if it works. If not I will open an issue and check that.
Thanks for the approval.

I just tried filtering my ROM set again, but this time with Beta 10 and the 1G1R feature. Unfortunately, the same thing happened.

But, I noticed something: it deleted ALL grey and red ROMs. I'll talk about both colors:

Grey

There are some grey ROMs that have no green counterparts. An example is "3-D Block (Asia) (Hwang Shinwei) (Unl).zip" and "3-D Block (Asia) (RCM Group) (Unl).zip". The problem here is that both of these ROMs are grey (considered clones if I'm correct), and there isn't a green (main) version of them. What I would like RomCenter to do is to only keep 1 version of every single game, including ones that only have grey ROMs. In other words, if it sees that the game 3-D Block doesn't have a green ROM, it'll look at the grey ones and keep the best one instead of deleting them all. Is there a way to do this?

Red

RomCenter shows me that my ROM set has a few red files. Does this mean that it could not find those ROMs in my set? If so, that's strange because they are actually there, and RomCenter deletes them. I don't have too much of a problem with this one because I have so few red files anyway.

If the issue with grey files has a fix, I would be completely satisfied.

Thank you!

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Grey files are unknown files for romcenter. This means the signature (crc) of the file is not in the datafile: romcenter can't identify this rom.
The rom can be an old one or one in a different format which doesn't match your datafile. If you don't import clones, then all clones files will be grey (unknown because not in the database).

Anyway, romcenter can't do anything with them apart moving or removing.

Maybe you could post a picture of your rom path with red and grey roms ?
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.