New RC user - what am i doing wrong? [RC 4.10.1]

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
arrabiki
Pong
Pong

New RC user - what am i doing wrong? [RC 4.10.1]

Post by arrabiki »

Hi all, running into some trouble trying to use RomCenter (after getting irritated with CMPro).

For some of the datfiles i was just using my existing CMPro ones and everything seemed to be fine. The issue i'm running into is datfiles from no-intro that need supplementary header files (a separate XML download for CMPro). From reading the forums here i found out you have to click "standard dat" and then "Romcenter Format" on the no-intro datfile download page to get the proper format file. No worries, easy enough. However, when i try to import that DAT into RC, i get the following error:

Code: Select all

Creating new database Atari - 7800 (20140326-040142_RC) from datafile Atari - 7800 (20140326-040142_RC).dat
Copy Database template
Loading datafile Atari - 7800 (20140326-040142_RC).dat
Dat in Mame 0.70 format
Error: Error reading datafile : The 'rom' start tag on line 14 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'game'. Line 15, position 4. (line 15, position 4)
Error: The 'rom' start tag on line 14 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'game'. Line 15, position 4.
Duration: 00:00:05
I popped open the DAT in notepad and noticed that the <game> tag is being opened and closed in the XML but it doesn't look like the <rom> tag is, and RC doesn't like it.

Is this a RC bug or a no-intro bug? I should note that as an experiment i opened the same DAT in the latest stable RC 3.X and it opened fine. This appears to be the case for every RC formatted file i download from no-intro. Is there some trick i'm missing?

Apologies if this is a "known solution", but i poked around on the forum and wasn't able to find an answer. Thanks ahead of time!

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: New RC user - what am i doing wrong? [RC 4.10.1]

Post by Wanderer »

Hi there and welcome here.

RC4 is in beta stage and as you can see here, there is an already reported issue with no-intro dats. You can open a new bug in the bugtracker if you feel there's something wrong with RC4.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Hi

Yes, the rom tag is missing the closing slash :?
I have contacted tosec team about that.

Anyway, I recommend to use the p/clone xml version with rc4.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Post by Guest »

I'm assuming you mean No-Intro, not tosec (although i haven't tried it with tosec yet so it could be the case there too). Thanks for the headsup on the p/clone xml - i'll use that going forward.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

The bug is tracked here.
It seems to be fixed now.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

adibitar69
Pong
Pong