Filter/Search in the description field for game names/titles instead of the "file name" field?

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
bytestorm
Pong
Pong

Filter/Search in the description field for game names/titles instead of the "file name" field?

Post by bytestorm »

Hey all!

Sorry if this is answered somewhere, I could not find it. :/

In romcenter 3 i always just wrote a bit of the games name in the filterbox and it showed up nicely, never any trouble.

Now since moving to 4.x I cant do that anymore.. Now I need to know the zip name for it to find some of the games.. (not all, but MANY).

Try searching for "Bubble Bobble" or "marvel super heroes" for example... bubble bobble get some hits but not the original Bubble bobble arcade game.. Writing "marvel" doesnt show anything at all :( but if I write msh it finds it..

Is there any way I can get the filtering to look in the "description" field instead of the "file name" field?

Thanks!

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: Filter/Search in the description field for game names/titles instead of the "file name" field?

Post by Wanderer »

Hi there.

Since there seems to be something working differently than RC3, i'd suggest you post it as an issue here.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: Filter/Search in the description field for game names/titles instead of the "file name" field?

Post by RomCenter »

No way, but I will include the description in the search context.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.