Remove Useless Roms Bug (Or at least I'd consider it a bug)

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
rcw003
PacMan
PacMan

Remove Useless Roms Bug (Or at least I'd consider it a bug)

Post by rcw003 »

Working with my Dreamcast backups, changing out the .gdi to Redump's new .cue.

I added the .cue to the zip file, I explicitly have the fix options set to Test, Rename Files, Rename Rom, and Remove Zip comments, Don't want it to remove Useless files, roms, find missing roms or creating dummies. After I add the .cue file, I explicitly tell it to remove Useless roms from the advanced menu, to cleanup the old .gdi file from where I added the new .cue to match the Redump Dat.

Instead it goes off and starts doing the following:

Code: Select all

Create new file Cool Boarders Burrrn! (Japan).zip 

Rippin' Riders (USA).zip : Move rom Rippin' Riders (USA) (Track 04).bin to Cool Boarders Burrrn! (Japan).zip/Cool Boarders Burrrn! (Japan) (Track 04).bin

Not the behavior I'd expect when I have specific options enabled/disabled in the general fix settings, and I told it to explicitly do one operation (remove Useless Roms).

rcw003
PacMan
PacMan

Re: Remove Useless Roms Bug (Or at least I'd consider it a bug)

Post by rcw003 »

There is also some concern on how Romcenter is handeling the Dat in this case as well.

Here is the Rippin' Riders entry from the dat:
2019-03-09 11_22_50-F__Users_Ryan C. Winter_Downloads_Sega - Dreamcast - Datfile (1196) (2019-03-03 .png
2019-03-09 11_22_50-F__Users_Ryan C. Winter_Downloads_Sega - Dreamcast - Datfile (1196) (2019-03-03 .png (153.23 KiB) Viewed 34263 times
After the cleanup that I just listed above, my Romcenter entry looks like:
2019-03-09 11_23_31-Romcenter 4.0.0.rc4 - Sega - Dreamcast - Datfile (1196) (2019-03-03 02-29-34).png
2019-03-09 11_23_31-Romcenter 4.0.0.rc4 - Sega - Dreamcast - Datfile (1196) (2019-03-03 02-29-34).png (45.41 KiB) Viewed 34263 times
Romcenter is showing it is green and good to go, but it only has a handful of tracks in the zip archive.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

rcw003 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:11 pm
Not the behavior I'd expect when I have specific options enabled/disabled in the general fix settings, and I told it to explicitly do one operation (remove Useless Roms).
When romcenter removes a rom, it has to do something with it. If it is not unique, it will delete it. If it is unique, it will move it to its correct location.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

rcw003 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:27 pm
Romcenter is showing it is green and good to go, but it only has a handful of tracks in the zip archive.
Is the file status green also ?
If yes, this is a bug. Can you create a report in the issue tracker ?
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

rcw003
PacMan
PacMan

Post by rcw003 »

RomCenter wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:59 am
rcw003 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:11 pm
When romcenter removes a rom, it has to do something with it. If it is not unique, it will delete it. If it is unique, it will move it to its correct location.
I guess it is compounded by the File status going green issue. This should be a complete "rom" for the game and it's trying to split it into 2 different games. Personally, it feels like Romcenter should honor my overall Fix settings. I guess I feel that "Find Missing roms" works 2 ways, I found roms in other games that complete this game, and I found roms in this game that complete other games. If I uncheck the box that says "Find Missing Roms" I don't want it to work either way. I don't want it bringing these roms over to another game, and I don't want roms from another game brought into this game. And then maybe it should prompt and say "You have roms that could be used for another game, are you sure you want to delete them?" when I tell it to delete usless Roms to this Game.

Issue created for the file status bug @ https://bitbucket.org/ebolefeysot/romce ... -it-should