A couple of issues

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
SolemnSpirit
PacMan
PacMan

A couple of issues

Post by SolemnSpirit »

Hi,

I have what I thought was a complete no-intro SNES set according to 3.7.1 and the Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System (Combined) (Parent-Clone) (20190401-204020).dat. However, I've tried out RC4 to see how it's coming along and found that if I use the SNES.dll as it suggests it says most of my roms are misnamed as it expects .mgd files and not .sfc as I have. I seem to remember this being a known issue so tried again without selecting snes.dll and this time all but 5 were green with the remaining 5 in red.

The issue is that the red ones are marked as missing as it's expecting a different CRC to what the files have. From a quick check of the .dat this makes sense as the CRC it's expecting is what's listed in the .dat. What puzzles me is that 3.7.1 says the files are fine.

Does 3.7.1 work differently than RC4 when it comes to CRC values ? Not sure which version to trust.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: A couple of issues

Post by RomCenter »

Hi

The plugin used with your dat in romcenter 4 is probably not the same as in romcenter 3.7. The plugin used is written in the status bar.

Does it ask for the plugin when you created the database ?
Try to use another plugin. Create a new database and choose the other option when asked.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

SolemnSpirit
PacMan
PacMan

Post by SolemnSpirit »

3.7.1 does not ask for a plugin and detects 3575 roms as green.

With RC 4.x I've tried 2 separate databases one with the snes.dll it offers and one without (crc) and the results are below:

snes.dll:
  • Green Games | 3 |
  • Yellow Games |3559 | Bad name (is expecting .mgd)
  • Red Games | 13 | Missing roms

No .dll (crc):
  • Green Games | 0 |
  • Yellow Games | 0 |
  • Red Games | 3575 | Missing roms

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Can you post a zip with the dat file you use with rc3, and some green, yellow and red rom ?
I will check with the final rc4 version if all is ok.

Thanks
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.