[SOLVED] fix *only* principal rompath destination, secondary add paths

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
lupo_grigio
Galaga
Galaga

[SOLVED] fix *only* principal rompath destination, secondary add paths

Post by lupo_grigio »

Here I am again... :oops:

Being new to RomCenter I nedd your help.

Quoting from RomCenter's Wiki:
Fixing games

Having in mind all the information described above, if yellow files exist in a rom path, just select it from the tree and press the “fix” button. For Romcenter, “fixing” means renaming roms to their correct names, creating dummy roms where needed and in general all options you can see in menu “File\Preferences - Fix”. Romcenter will do everything that can be done with your roms in order for them to be playable. It just can't create missing roms that are not “bad dumps”. You have to provide those yourself.

You have the ability to add more than one rom paths if you wish. If you select one rompath and press “fix”, Romcenter will try to fix all roms in that rompath. It will search all open rompaths for available roms missing from the selected rompath but it will update game files only in the selected rom path. If you wish to fix all rompaths, select the “rom files” tree branch and then press “fix”. In that case, all open rompaths will be updated. Have in mind though that you may end up having the same game file in more than one rom path.

Fixing a rompath may take quite some time, especially if there are many large roms that need to be fixed. The whole pack-unpack process is very CPU-intensive so having a fast CPU will reduced the required fixing time.
Taking into account that I'm not a native-english-speaker and I do not want to mess my roms, please could you explain me that quote from the wiki?
How can I fix only one specified folder?
Last edited by lupo_grigio on Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MultipleLifeMachineEmulator

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: fix *only* principal rompath destination, secondary add paths

Post by Wanderer »

Create a new DB from the datafile and add a new roms folder in which copy only the files you wish to check/fix.

In any case, have a backup of your roms somewhere, just in case something goes wrong. RomCenter has protection though (when it deletes files, it can be configured to move them to the Recycle Bin or a "backup" folder), so normally you will not loose stuff, but it's rather painful to follow that path (in the beginning at least).

lupo_grigio
Galaga
Galaga

Post by lupo_grigio »

Wanderer wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:37 pm
Create a new DB from the datafile and add a new roms folder in which copy only the files you wish to check/fix.
Hey Wanderer!
Ok, I've done that.
But... I also added a lot of others rompaths (readonly ISOs).
And now I'm proceeding to fix my various releases...
How can I be sure to fix only roms inside the folder of release_A (with MAME_DAT_A)?
Then, afterwards how can I fix only roms inside the folder of release_B (changing DAT and using relative MAME_DAT_B)?

My concern is not to mess with destinations rompaths; all aother add-paths are taken from ISOs I made to be sure not to modify at all original files. :roll: :lol:
MultipleLifeMachineEmulator

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

Well, when you can either click on a rompath to fix all roms in that path, or click on a specific rom inside the rompath to fix that rom only. Choose wisely and proceed with caution. :)