Export "Original" ROM list to XML or copy files to new folder

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
the_rhino
Pong
Pong

Export "Original" ROM list to XML or copy files to new folder

Post by the_rhino »

Hi,

Is it possible to either export the file list for the "Originals" sub table in the database as a CSV or XML or even text, or have it match what is in "Originals" against what is in the ROM directory and either delete everything not matched or move the matched files to a new directory?

What I'm trying to do is clean up my MAME romset so that I only have originals - I don't want clones, bootlegs, or hacks, and I was wondering if Romcenter would be able to facilitate something like that.

Thanks!

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: Export "Original" ROM list to XML or copy files to new folder

Post by Wanderer »

Hello.

In the process of creating a new database for your dat file (or mame.exe), try the following: go to Filter settings / Regions and check the "one game one rom" option. IIRC, this can be used to filter the imported games and keep only "Originals".

the_rhino
Pong
Pong

Post by the_rhino »

Wanderer wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:10 pm
Hello.

In the process of creating a new database for your dat file (or mame.exe), try the following: go to Filter settings / Regions and check the "one game one rom" option. IIRC, this can be used to filter the imported games and keep only "Originals".
Right, I can do that (did do that) but then what? I still have 100's or 1000's of roms that I don't want in my rom directory. I'm trying to either get a filename export of the roms I want in the database, or a way to move the desired roms to a new location for actual gameplay.

I'm not sure if that's something Romcenter can do or if I would need to use a different tool (though of all the managers I've been testing, Romcenter is far and away the easiest to use)

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

the_rhino wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:53 pm
Right, I can do that (did do that) but then what? I still have 100's or 1000's of roms that I don't want in my rom directory. I'm trying to either get a filename export of the roms I want in the database, or a way to move the desired roms to a new location for actual gameplay.
OK, i see. Try the following then:

Click on the roms folder. Over the left panel where the roms appear, there are four filters. Green, Yellow, Red and Gray. Unselect all of them except Gray.

Gray is for the files there are considered to be non-roms. In your case, they should be all the non-original games. Select all of them (CTRL+A) and then rightclick on one of them and select "move selected items to another location". That should do it.

the_rhino
Pong
Pong

Post by the_rhino »

Oh man, that is amazing - exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you so much!

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

Great. Enjoy RC.