Using more than 1.2GB of RAM!

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
c6apJK33
Pong
Pong

Using more than 1.2GB of RAM!

Post by c6apJK33 »

I kept having memory issues while organizing a large collection. I found a way to increase romcenter's available memory beyond 1.2GB. It's fairly simple, but requires binedit.exe from Microsoft. You can install it by installing the community version of Visual Studio.

After installing, I simply do the following:

Code: Select all

c:\Downloads\romcenter32_4.2.0.beta2>"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.29.30133\bin\Hostx64\x64\editbin" /LARGEADDRESSAWARE *.exe
Right now, I have a session running using (at the moment) 2.2GB of RAM.
mem.jpg
mem.jpg (35.46 KiB) Viewed 14301 times
I saw a reference to a 64bit version coming someday, but in the meantime, you might want to update the release process to run editbin.exe against the binaries before posting them.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: Using more than 1.2GB of RAM!

Post by Wanderer »

c6apJK33 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:06 pm
I saw a reference to a 64bit version coming someday, but in the meantime, you might want to update the release process to run editbin.exe against the binaries before posting them.
Hi there. The next version of RC (4.2) will have an 64-bit flavor. Indeed Eric had posted it somewhere.