Romcenter vs. Qmc2

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
Dr.BUg
Pong
Pong

Romcenter vs. Qmc2

Post by Dr.BUg »

Hello everyone,

first try for me here :) Please be indulgent cause 1. I'm French and 2. I'm not a Romcenter user !
Than, here my problem : I've an old collection of roms with many of them obsolete. By using the frontend Qmc2,
I see easily the correct, medium and bad roms. So I decided to store them manually with folders :( (long and fastidious)
Then I discover Romcenter and tried to optimize my correct roms. By following the tuto, I succeed to obtain all roms green and Ok.
I precise that they were green and correct in Qmc2 but not in Romcenter who was show me roms green/yellow and red one.

But, here the problem. I used my correct roms from Qmc2 in Romcenter and now, despite the green icon of Romcenter I've a total
changement of them. Now I've 174 bad roms who don't work anymore !

Why this roms appear all green and good in Romcenter and wrong for a part of them in Qmc2.
I'm so disappointed, cause I've no solution now for restore them. Only DL another time...

Thank for your answer

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bdwtlpfrlcdx ... 6.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5t0dclzojqqp ... 5.png?dl=0

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: Romcenter vs. Qmc2

Post by RomCenter »

Salut (je suis Français aussi 8)

Romcenter get the rom files database from a datafile or directly from an emulator like mame.
The datafile must match the emulator you want to use for the games to be correct.

You delete roms are in the bin, so you can get them from there. You can also set a backup folder in romcenter.

Then, to get more info on the problem, you should post details on one particular game.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.