I've made a lot of improvments in this version and long lasting problems have been fixed.
Database connection issues should be solved now. Import and operations speed are also back to normal.
Files and roms browsing are also faster and don't freeze anymore.
No more freezes also during long fixing operations. Interface now keeps responding at any time.
I also did intensive tests with files having readonly flag set. This is now all working fine.
Enjoy this version and keep reporting bugs and crashes reports to fix before the final release.
I will now concentrate on isolating text strings for internationalization.
You can report issues directly here. You can also vote for your favorites work items.
Note: the romcenter log file location is displayed in the log window at startup.
Feel free to visit the forum if you need help.
- Improve database connexion handler. This should fix locked files problems.
- Improve master detail navigation
- improve crash mail infos
- Improve matching selection when moving from files to games.
- Improve unhandled exception logs
- Update year to 2018
- Add new versioning scheme. This fix loosing settings when upgrading.
- Catch unmanaged plugin exception
- Clean up cancel operation
- Disable context menu when not applicable (delete missing rom, fix green...)
- freeze when browsing items
- operations slower than in previous release
- operations with readonly files. All internal tests use now readonly files.
- delay when leaving settings dialog.
- out of memories and locks up on long fix operations
- some empty folders not removed after operations
- 'rom not found' when importing roms in a file with duplicated roms in merge mode.
- #74: rc crash
- #86: path not in legal form when settings emulators path
- context menu in files and fileroms
- gui not disabled when loading db
- importing dat with long description
- incorrect list of selected items when fixing
- load tab loop when exception during loading
- path sometimes need refresh after fix
- range selection bug
- right click selection in fileroms
Have a look at the quick start tutorial video on how to start fixing roms with romcenter.