During the previous tests I did last week, I found a bug about 'nodump' devices, which are duplicated when loading datafile, and another one when datafile contains inconsistencies between main devices status and same devices used in clones. For example, main using a device rom marked as good, and the clone using the same device, but marked as 'nodump'.
I spent the last week to create some tests files to repoduce both problems, and then identify and fix them.
Tests files are very usefull. They can be run on-demand, it automatically checks the result is as expected and it really covers a lot of cases.
Currently, more than 250 tests are run before each release.
I will now start again fixing random files with the new mame release.
1 post • Page 1 of 1