RomCenter 2.70 beta 1 released

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
RomCenter
Author
Author

RomCenter 2.70 beta 1 released

Post by RomCenter »

Hi

I release for the first time a beta version for public testing. Please report bugs in the forum. Only the main romcenter.exe file is provided, so you still have to install the 2.62 version. :P

Installation:
- install version 2.62
- unzip and replace files in your romcenter folder
:!: Backup your files before using this version. :!:

romcenter.exe and Datutil 1.32 from Logiqx are provided in the archive

The file is stored on the romcenter site. I still have 17GB of bandwidth reserved for this release until the end of the month. This will allow 17000 download which should be ok. :?

Download:
- RomCenter 2.62 (2.5 MB)

- RomCenter 2.70 beta 1 (1 MB)

What's new:
rc 2.70 beta 1

New resource managment code. This fix some bugs in newer mame versions
Display bioses and merged files with a colored background in database node
Display bios roms if used by a game.
Fix 'browse folder' on windows me
Remove folder refresh on shell operations
Fix 'duplicate(0)' bug
Display number of resources in database
Remove count of resources in games and clone (count is consistent with mame now)
Fix some file status bugs
Allow crc and rom name search
Fix sometimes incomplete repair of some files

Please report bugs here.
Last edited by RomCenter on Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

seb4771
Pong
Pong

Post by seb4771 »

Good news, posted to http://www.emu-france.com

no server limits for download :)
seb4771
efnet :@emufrance,@consolemul

Post by Guest »

Hi,

i find a bug :?
The "tturf" rom (Sega system 16) is marked incomplete in "Game database" and 12328.10a in red
but my (complete) rom file is marked in green.
It 's serious doctor?

I use RomCenter 2.70b1 with Mame0.81 by Logiqx

magicandy

2.70b EXTREME SHORTAGE OF MEMORY SIMULATION (yes again =)

Post by magicandy »

Yes, since I still see Win98 and WinME users here around on the forums, I once again did my "What if memory is ABSOLUTELY insufficient?"

The results were almost FATAL, but at least it was possible to use the Task Manager for killing RC. At least an advance!

[2.62: You get a window with an 'X' icon and "Your application has caused an error". The error is in ARCADE.DLL and there's absolutely no way to kill this thing with the Task Manager. Just everything hangs and this extremely brutal task isn't even able to be washed away with a logout or a shutdown. The only way out is the reset button.)]

++++++
2.70b1:
++++++

Various errors occur. I did this test:

- Launched RomCenter and PUT IT INTO BACKGROUND (important!)
- opened about 16 or 17 instances of Internet Explorer to use up all my Windows memory (not to be confused with physical memory!)

- Maximized RomCenter again.
- Following errors appeared (all in French glory :twisted: )

"Violation d'accès à l'adresse 0042EA26 dans le module ROMCENTER.EXE. Lecture d'adresse 5245576". [***]
"Le canevas ne permet pas de dessiner"

"Violation d'accès à l'adresse BFF7B9A6 dans le module KERNEL32.DLL. Lecture d'adresse 008ECA9C".

[***] this one address is always the same

I'd appreciate a bit better error and memory shortage handling instead of endangering the whole system with random reads or writes in open space. Thank you. :!:
I know that it's not your fault that Windows 9x/ME have LIMITED resources INDEPENDENT from physical memory and not resources limited BY physical memory (2000 / XP).
But it should be handled *a bit* so that these dangerous kernel messages don't appear.

Gucek

similar (or maybe even same) thing on 2k...

Post by Gucek »

Hi.
I'm not @home so I can't test it now, but shortly after starting new RC I had similar French message. I had to revert to 2.62 because I needed to actually do something. ;)
I will re-check if it's exactly same message later.
The system is Win2K with 256Mb ECC RAM - quite filled up, but still with some safe space on swapfile...

Karmanata

Post by Karmanata »

Hi, i've been using romcenter since 1st release. it's really cool. just want to say that i have same errors with the "French Messages" but for me only if i open romdata which is generated by emulators (mine are kawaks and nebula). my system winxp sp1 512 ram.

Ammammata
PacMan
PacMan

will test

Post by Ammammata »

nice idea to post betas
I'll make some tests

Hope that old good stats&reports are back :wink:
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

uh...
well...
not yet :oops:
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Rom Fan

Deletes Good Amiga Roms With More Than One File In Zip !

Post by Rom Fan »

When I Use Romcenter To Rename Amiga Roms Wich Have More Than One File In It Zip Archive It Sometimes Deletes The Other Good Roms In It. It Puts The Other Roms In The Archive Directory.

Is It A Romcenter Failure Or Am I Doing Something Wrong !

I Do Not Have Problems Using Romcenter On Single Rom Files Like Snes, Megadrive Roms.

Abalone

Comments

Post by Abalone »

Why don't you allow RC to have user-defined default setting? As I manage my rom using split-merge and Dat-case the most.
Again, would you post a "open folder dialog fixed RC262"? RC270b1 is not very stable and RC262 is not working on my WINME. Please ....

Post by Guest »

Last time I posted on these forums was about the corrupt zip in data file dir error..

This time it appears that any non zip file or corrupt zip dragged into the scannig window, will cause the scanning to stop and access violation error message to appear in french each time the scan window buttons are used.

Post by Guest »

Minor Bug, not important, but just so you know.

Going into preferences and looking at the archive window There is a recyclebin icon to delete files in the archive. Clicking on it provides an english confimation message (do you want to delete) with french, oui, non and title bar. This is simply just a minor language error.

Monkey

(Doltharz)

Reply to Monkey "Oui/Non"

Post by (Doltharz) »

The "Oui/Non" caption on standard message box are system resources and not defined at all by the programmer, if the text over it "Are you sure you want to..." is supposed to be in french, maybe this is a minor bug, but Yes/No/Cancel, Minimize/Maximize, are system resources.

If the programmer isn't trying to make his own message box looking like form, they'll remain in the language of the OS installed.

"A quoi bon réinventer la roue..."

HTH

Doltharz

SuperUnknown
Pong
Pong

Re: Reply to Monkey "Oui/Non"

Post by SuperUnknown »

(Doltharz) wrote:The "Oui/Non" caption on standard message box are system resources and not defined at all by the programmer, if the text over it "Are you sure you want to..." is supposed to be in french, maybe this is a minor bug, but Yes/No/Cancel, Minimize/Maximize, are system resources.
What you say is normally true, but I just looked and it is in fact a minor bug. The message is in english, while the buttons and title are in French. :D Also this seems to be every yes/no (oui/non) dialogue, not just the empty archive box.
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Bruceii101

Every rom is suposedly mising

Post by Bruceii101 »

I use the program. and unfortunately, when i attempt to use it, it says part of the file is missing, and i do not understand. Can you help me as to understand whats goin on?