Author
Author

RomCenter 2.70 beta 6 released

Post by RomCenter »

One more beta for the week-end ! 8)

Features:
- Fix Path overflow in inifile when a lot of rompaths are loaded
- Fix renaming of roms inside mamezipped games
- Fix webdatafile (you can specify a proxy in the ini file)
- Wider datafile combo box
- Zip datafiles imported from mame
- Remember the mame folder when importing datafile

Download here.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Dweezledap
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by Dweezledap »

Although I probably should have mentioned this before, I was having problems with RomRenter corrupting some of my MAME roms when trying to rename them.
Since no one was mentioning this as a problem I thought it was insulated to my system.
With the beta 6 release I am no longer having this problem.
Great work, and thank you!
"He was a wise man who invented beer."
Plato.

hou5e

minor hang

Post by hou5e »

After closing a MAME rom path on one hard disk and reopening a new rom path on another, I had v2.70b6 hang when mostly finished, saying Calculating Rom Status.

I also get an 'Invalid type class' error when fixing groups of 'Bad rom names', at the point where the program says 'Moving...'.

Keep up the good work on RomCenter! It's my favorite. :D

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

You probably have a special file which raise that. :?
I need to reproduce this bahaviour. Could you try to locate the "bad" file ?
Backup all files
Cut them in two parts and test which one produce the error.
Continue until you located the file(s).

Tell me if you find something.

Thanks
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

nomadsoul2k

Search rom info on Internet

Post by nomadsoul2k »

Hi there.
Now here's something completely uninteresting. :D
Just out of curiosity: Why is the http://www.mame.dk site still available, in the game information display? I think this link is dead for ages now. If there's a small change of that (excelent) site becoming available again, than let it be. :D
The Klov site can't be integrated, due to the fact that the search criteria on that site, is not based on mame's rom name, right? Why not use the actual name of the game, and stick it in a html submit form, and send it to klov site, posting the results on a browser? It could work nicely.
Romcenter rules.

hou5e

Post by hou5e »

I'm following up from last weekend. I was able to find the problem files mostly due to what WinZip called an "End-of-central-directory signature not found" error. So I characterized the errors I was having, and sent you 2 emails from hou5e, from my hotmail account. If you don't get the email messages, then email me and I will resend them. I look forward to the next release. Thanks! :)

Post by Guest »

Another idea : replace column "Infos" with many columns where each show a problem

Cause now we don't know all the problems of a rom with your sentences.

Thanx ^^

Arkadia

Access Violent 004040EE Romcenter 2.70 beta 6 ERRORS

Post by Arkadia »

1.) I get "Access Violent 004040EE Adress 00000008" + 00000016 + 31733238 when i try to fix roms. :shock:

2.) Next time i got "Invalid class typecast" error ? :?

3.) Some sets show "BAD NAME" ...but files have just the same name as the bad names in Info ? :oops:

4.) neogeo.zip and other files have "Date is not correct" ? :roll:

5.) "Remove useless files" don´t work! Only "Remove useless roms" is working! *.txt or *.htm files are no roms ..they are just useless files. :?:

6.) Why do all good roms (with right case) show this "Bad Case Error" when "Don´t care" is selected in fix settings? :!:

hope you finde this bugs ...nice work...I like Romecenter much more then the other big rom tools:) :lol: