Update 3.11

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
RomCenter
Author
Author

Update 3.11

Post by RomCenter »

Outdated version. Please download the latest version.

Romcenter 3.11 (update).
This is not a complete installation package. You have to extract the file in your romcenter folder over 3.00 or 3.10.

Bugs fixed:
- error when loading cm dat with no sizes
- datutil updated to 2.42
- fixed pocketheaven dats (format clrmame), dats in rc format have syntax errors. This will be fixed by pocketheaven.
- param/general: caption overlap
- 'File not found' during fix of filenames ending with a space char.

:arrow: Download:
- Download romcenter 3.11 patch:
rc311.zip
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 8871 times
:arrow: Quick start guide
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

bronks75

Re: Update 3.11

Post by bronks75 »

Hello,
it seems that pocketheaven NDS dat files are not ok anymore.
Is it OK for you ?

Thanks

Ad_Enuff
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

Post by Ad_Enuff »

We need to keep the updates coming in particular, a whole new full package complete with Logiqx's new DatUtil v2.44 released only yesterday (2/11/2008).

I'm worried that people that don't know how RC works will forget to update DatUtil and it give user problems.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

Ad_Enuff wrote:I'm worried that people that don't know how RC works will forget to update DatUtil and it give user problems.
Yes, it might be an issue. If i remember correctly, there was a discussion in the past about an automatic update or notification system but i think it remained just another idea. Maybe it's time to re-consider it.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Yes, the main problem is the free time I have actually. Until the end of the year, I am very busy at work, we do a big software migration and all developpers have a lot of work (probably also during xmas...).

About romcenter, I will try to make a build with the latest updates included datutil. (I saw the new datutil info, but I didn't check what's new...)
Another thing is that I now develop at work on c# dotnet 2005, and I want to migrate romcenter to dotnet. This way, I will improve my skill in that domain. I'm actually building the class model, including requested features such as rar, 7zip etc...

So expect a new full release soon.
Report bugs here.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

RomCenter wrote:Yes, the main problem is the free time I have actually. Until the end of the year, I am very busy at work...
Yup, the classical problem. Hang on there Eric.
RomCenter wrote:Another thing is that I now develop at work on c# dotnet 2005, and I want to migrate romcenter to dotnet. This way, I will improve my skill in that domain.
I'm dealing with VS2008 myself the last few months (VB actually), for various projects at work. From what i've seen .NET can be a real pain. The devel environment has much larger loading times than older products (VB6) and in general it's a very "heavy" environment. The EXEs also seem to load and run slower due to all the libraries loaded. As a programming language though, VB is much improved. More organized and clearly more object-oriented.

I do like the more logical coding you can do with it but it seems you need a 32-core system with at least 8GBs RAM and SSD drives to be able to work as fast as VB6 was.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

I found an intermediate solution by migrating to delphi 2009.
This is already done and I can more easily redesign the code with the refactoring feature.
I will now clean some bugs and release a full version soon.
Report bugs here.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

RomCenter wrote:I will now clean some bugs and release a full version soon.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :super:

Serujii
Pong
Pong

Post by Serujii »

So, if I´ve understood well, it´s recomended to update the DatUtil v2.44 file every time a new version of it is released, isn´t it? Could you explain me the main function of that file in RomCenter program, please? I don´t know which is its specific aim and I would like to learn more about it.

Thanks and GOOD JOB!!!! :super:

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Datutil is used to convert from old romcenter, clrmame or mame datafile to new xml dat.
To update, you don't need to wait for a new romcenter release (and rc releases are not synchronized with datutil's). Simply replace datutil.exe in romcenter folder.
Report bugs here.