RomCenter 3.55 released

General news and announcements. Subscribe to the feed. Image
RomCenter
Author
Author

RomCenter 3.55 released

Post by RomCenter »

Hi all

Here we go, at last. I gave v4 development a break to go back on v3 some weeks (months ?) ago and after hours of hard work on version 3.54, here is the version 3.55 (last v3 version ?).
It fixes all known bugs, and speeds up things a little bit.
Of course, you can still report troubles and I will fix it if needed.

I also updated included datafiles, but Logiqx home page hasn't be updated since november 2010. So his datafiles will not be up-to-date. Sorry.

Details and download here
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: RomCenter 3.55 released

Post by Wanderer »

RomCenter wrote:Here we go, at last. I gave v4 development a break to go back on v3 some weeks (months ?) ago and after hours of hard work on version 3.54, here is the version 3.55 (last v3 version ?).
Great, thanks for 3.55 Eric. Just downloading it...

BTW, what's the progress on v4? Any news you might wish to share with us (from the user or even the programmer's point of view)?

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Hmmm.. not many.
I'm still working on gui, but it is not yet perfect (will it be one day ?).
I think I will switch to main engine algorithm, which will be easier than interface.

I have to code OO structures to handle 'files container' (could be a file, folder, zip, 7z...), and also operations on files (rename, move, test...) all this inside a multi-threaded framework (probably implementing a producer-consumer pattern).
All this currently exists... in my mind.

So much work, so little time...
Report bugs here.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

RomCenter wrote:So much work, so little time...
Yup, i know...

I don't know when a working v4 will come up but mainly i'm very curious to see its performance. In my mind, i have the impression of .NET as a not-so-fast framework for heavy tasks (compared to earlier VS versions and Delphi). I'm very curious to see how the v4 engine will perform in such an intense task as RC.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

I'm curious too but I'm quite confident (and framework 4 has an optimized multi-proc framework).

On the other hand, I worry that the wpf part will be slower than v3 (but it offers more enjoying experience).
Maybe a skilled wpf developper could have a look on day...
Report bugs here.

markovich
Pong
Pong

Post by markovich »

Indeed, v3.55 fixes all known bugs, and speeds up things a little bit. I found it much better in a sense in comparison with v 3.56. In particular, what i like about v 3.55 is 2 main fixes: some ´nodump´ problems during fixing and memory leaks fixing. Well done!