samples not recognized

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
nayo
Galaga
Galaga

samples not recognized

Post by nayo »

i have some zip files with .wav files inside... i placed them in samples directory
and set inside preferences split samples (and the directory)

still romcenter can't find them... if a file is called a.wav it says can't find file a

any idea what i am doing wrong ?

nayo
Galaga
Galaga

Re: samples not recognized

Post by nayo »

maybe the import dat from .exe emulator is bugged ?

the dat states that is lookin for a FILENAME, while instead samples are made of FILENAME.wav
is that why samples aren't recognized ?

nayo
Galaga
Galaga

Post by nayo »

just 1 feedback info from me:

i downloaded clrmame and it successfully recognized my sample... i used the mame.exe emulator to build both dat file for romcenter and clrmame pro... so probably romcenter did something wrong creating database, this is why can't recognize samples...

but there is more...
i had samples for mame 140 version... it seems that mame 145 version has new samples ! i downloaded them from progettosnaps... clrmame now says to me i got the full sample set, while romcenter sign those zip files as gray unknown...

so romcenter recognize the old sample as yellow (it does know a sample by the name 005.zip exist for example... but it cannot recognize wave files inside and flag all waves as missing)
but... about the new samples files... romcenter doesnt recognize them at all, they do not exist at all for romcenter...

it doesn't recognize: alphamc07, aristmk4.

i hope this feedback may be useful to you, have a nice day.

HowardC

Post by HowardC »

I can confirm that this is indeed happening and I can also report the cause of the error.

As of mame .145... MAME checks for both flc files AND wav files. Because of this the reports outputted by mame no longer have a file extension. I doubt they have a crc either because obviously flc files are going to have a different crc than their wav counterparts.

nayo
Galaga
Galaga

Post by nayo »

yes, my samples are correct for mame 0.145 (both mame 0.145 and clrmame say so)

romcenter would need a fix to recognize samples.
(take your time, and btw great work so far... can't wait for version 4.0 with 7z support ^^)

[actually i still have to understand which compression mode is, that one that compresses 5 different roms of the same game but with 5 different language... in a size less than 1 single rom...]

10mb ita
10mb eng
10mb fra
10mb spa
10mb deu

compressed 1 single file of 8mb