Is 3.7.1 still supported?

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Is 3.7.1 still supported?

Post by SFX Group »

Hi

Ive not downloaded the new one yet (until its stable), however my 3.7.1 which was working fine comes up with an error now on refreshing the ROM paths (F5 key)

"Volume data not available". it will move the ROMs ok, just not refresh... its not a permissions issue i can find (explorer works fine).

This is on mapped drives AND local volumes, I am a local administrator, ive also tried running the program as "run as administrator" and get the same issue, same issue on Windows 10 as well.

Many Thanks
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024

imulilla
PacMan
PacMan

Re: Is 3.7.1 still supported?

Post by imulilla »

Try closing the roms path and add a new path.

SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by SFX Group »

Hi

This seems to work, what also works is right click "reload path".

Is the software storing some sort of unique ID for the path?
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Yes, a path has an unique Id.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Milsancho
PacMan
PacMan

Post by Milsancho »

Hi,

I'd like first to thank RC's author for his work all these years. Been using RC for more than an a decade now, though the latest version I used was 3.7.1 (that was long ago) and haven't updated since because it's on a Windows XP computer and stuff.

Is this version safe for recent MAME versions (0203, 0211) too? I'm not sure it's working properly after creating the .rdt from mainline MAME 0203 (all my roms from 0170 are red-flagged, 'cept for a few which are yellow, but NONE is green, which seems odd since I'm sure many didn't change).

Thank you.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

Hi.

Search the forums, but IIRC, the mame dat files are not directly compatible with RC3.71 any more. RC4 final was released a couple of weeks ago, which is based on .NET 4.0 (which is compatible with Windows XP). Download the zip (non-install version) and try it out to see if it works.