Version 3.00 alpha 2
This is a test only version and should not be used on real files, nor be widely distributed.
Backup your files before using it.
This release fixes a lot of bugs, new (or old) features will be added as soon as some stability will be reached.
The database structure changed, you can' t use the alpha 1 bin files, so you must create new one.
- Improved refresh speed
- Fix incorrect icon colors with some files
- Fix add/close path icon disabled sometimes
- Update and optimize countless database codes. This fixes a lot of incorrect reports and repair bugs.
- 'bad dump' icon does not appear on some files (005, 40love, astrob, animaljr ... )
- 'arithmetic exception, numeric overflow or string truncation' fixed
- horizontal scrollbar now stay on the left in the treeview
- date conversion error
- unknown files sometimes not deleted
- Empty files are deleted
- Add some reports at the end of the fix log.
- Samples analyse. No samples fixing yet and you can't actually set a folder as a sample folder.
- red/yellow/green/grey filter (for files only. You can sort by icon in the database nodes until filter is added)
- Added verion number in task bar caption.
- Speed up the gui loading (by delaying the nodes loading only when needed (node expanding)).
- RomCenter 3.00a2 (3.8 MB)
Reports bugs and comments in this forum please.
How to install it:
- unzip in a directory
- run romcenter.exe
- select files/new...
- follow the wizard to create the database
- wait for creation (quite long, count 15 min for a mame 0.111)
- Add rom path
- check, fix etc...
Samples are displayed with their status, but not repaired.
This released succeeded in repairing a folder with 3300 files (mame 0.112):
---> Files removed: 0 in 0h 0m 0s
---> Files renamed: 22 in 0h 0m 1s
---> Roms removed: 604 in 0h 8m 42s
---> Roms renamed: 11582 in 0h 10m 29s
---> Roms imported: 287 in 0h 1m 11s
---> Dummies created: 91 in 0h 0m 24s
---> Total files fixed: 22
---> Total roms fixed: 12564
---> Corrupted files: 7
---> Total Execution time: 0h 20m 52s
Of course, I can't imagine all possible configurations for testing. To do an effective job, please follow the next steps to repair your roms:
If possible, use mame 0.112 dat.
0 -Backup you folder (so that you can run the test again to confirm)
1 -Add your folder in rc3
2 -Select the folder and do a refresh : no files should be added or deleted. If not, save the log.
3 -Select the folder and run a fix
4 -When finished, save the log
5 -Use the filters to display only yellow flags: nothing should be displayed.
6 -Reset the filters
7 -Select the folder and do a refresh: no files should be added or deleted. If not, save the log.
8 -Select the folder and run a second fix : nothing should be fixed. If not, save the log.
If anything doesn't run as it does, post a message in the dev forum (and keep your logs in save place).