Some news on what's going on:
I added some of the latest missing features, and start fixing some bugs (none reported for beta 8 so far ).
- Added the 'update db' feature, from a new version of a datafile, or an exe.
- Added the filter settings to the datafile import. The filter settings are now saved to the db to be used on the next db update.
- As both dat and emu import have now similar settings, I merged them into one creation menu. You can give a dat or an exe as games source.
- Window location and size are saved
About the site now, I checked some web-based hosting services, and found that bitbucket now offer free hosting for privates repositories with a public issue tracking feature. Source control is using GIT. I created an account and set up the issue tracking.
You can give a try here: https://bitbucket.org/ebolefeysot/romcenter/issues