Romcenter 4 is a complete rewrite of romcenter 3.7 in c# language using microsoft visual studio.
Compared to previous 3.7 version, it provides same features with a new interface and an updated engine.
Requirement : .net framework 4, windows xp to windows 10
You can report issues directly here. You can also vote for your favorites work items.
Note: in case of bug, please join the romcenter log file C:\ProgramData\romcenter\romcenter_xml.log
Feel free to visit the forum if you need help.
What's new from 188.8.131.52rc4:
- Add 27 systems datafiles generated from mame 208
- Add more precise log messages
- Extend text filter search to more games and files columns
- Faster operations when a lot of items are selected
- Add backup strategy selection on startup
- Improve container remove method to reliably handle on-success db operation.
- Rewrite version comparison
- Update some components
- Faster dat import
- Clean and fix games selection
- Clean files/fileroms view selection
- Handle operations exceptions. Display only one dialog and cancel.
- Disable 'remove zip comment' by default
- Fix deleted items not sent to recycle bin
- Fix refresh database deadlock
- Fix settings when backup path not selected
- Fix filters not working with grey disks
- Fix some views not translated
- Fix crash when opening a db from a non existent folder
- Fix error when temp folder deleted
- Fix a bug causing an index error
- Fix crash when 'backspace' typed in view
- Fix detail view not updated when master is empty
- Fix loading error with some utf-8 dat
- Fix invalid cast when updating view data
- Fix loading libretro mame2003 dat (double <driver>)
- Fix no detail item selected after operations
- Fix wrong files identification when fixing from a rom selection
- Fix plugin not always detected when dat is filtered
- Fix ribbon staying active after trying to open a missing db
- Fix unzipped files not renamed
- Fix wrong file status for single files
- Fix db name not changed when updating dat.
- Fix detail view not cleared when filtering the selection.
- Fix empty backup folder settings blocking save in options.
- Fix items selection identification when rom selected
- Disable for now usage of extension calculated by plugin (use datafile rom extension instead).
- Bug #10: Issues When Archive Folder Runs Out of Space
- Bug #111: RC3 trying to rename files that have correct name
- Bug #124: Writing gamename in FILTER box is not working for many games.
- Bug #128: MAME 2003 PLUS libretro core xml error
- Bug #129: Crash opening "settings" dialog when a non-existent database is selected.
- Bug #136: Cancel running operation, buttons (yes/not) are inverted
- Bug #137: Selected file when playing with filters
- Bug #140: NES plugin not working/triggering when selecting only USA region
- Bug #142: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
- Bug #143: Splash screen "BACKUPED" should be "BACKED UP"
- Bug #144: Fix process extremely slow on large collections
- Bug #145: Romcenter doesn't recognize Roms it should
- Bug #148: InvalidOperationException: Added item does not appear at given index '0'.
- Bug #151: Directory not found - RomCenter will now close
- Bug #153: Problems with paths longer than 260 characters
- Bug #154: Cannot create database from latest TOSEC dat
- Bug #156: Adding the same folder twice leads to a buggy state
Download windows installer version
Download portable (no install) version
Have a look at the quick start tutorial video on how to start fixing roms with romcenter.
Following up-to-date datafiles (built from mame) are provided with this release:
capcom cps-1 v0.210
capcom cps-2 v0.210
capcom cps-3 v0.210
cave pgm v0.210
irem m-72 v0.210
irem m-92 v0.210
konami system573 v0.210
namco s1 v0.210
namco s2 v0.210
sega model 1 v0.210
sega model 2 v0.210
sega model 3 v0.210
sega naomi v0.210
sega stv v0.210
sega system 1 v0.210
sega system 16 v0.210
sega system 18 v0.210
sega system 24 v0.210
sega system 32 v0.210
sega system c-2 v0.210
snk neogeo v0.210
taito f2 v0.210
taito f3 v0.210