Fixed [BUG plugin] NES everythings gray

Bugs are now stored in a bug tracker application. Click on the "Support/Bug reports" link above.

Moderator: Wanderer

lexxerd

Fixed [BUG plugin] NES everythings gray

Post by lexxerd »

Hi,

I tried reading through the forum for answers before I post my on thread but I cant get anything to work. I have used the NES DAT file that came with romcenter 3.00 and then I choose my path and it adds a folder called rom files which inside is all my roms but they are all gray. Ive added a emulator (Nester) under preferences/emulators/emulator exe and when I click play on any game it says "the file you selected is not linked to a game..."

I get a very similar result with SNES as well

At least with SNES it picks up some games in yellow that just need names changed but when launced to play it doesnt play the game only launches the emulator. As you can see with the image there is also many gray items.

What do I need to do to get all this working? Theres got to be something that im just doing wrong.

Thanks!!

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: NES everythings gray

Post by RomCenter »

I tested with nes datafile.
You must use the romcenter nes datafile (Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System (20080712) (RC).dat). ClrMame dat doesn't support romcenter plugins, and all your roms have headers which need to be removed.
Check in the ,enu "help/about/plugin" if the current plugin is "nes.dll"
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the reply.

I got everything to work by using datutil but datutil wont compile all my types of emulators based on the extension which is weird but sega master system files it didnt like. But any ways, what do you mean by my roms have headers? Are you talking about the [!] [J] stuff? Is it just that the NES dat file with rom center cant match up my roms because of the naming of some sort? How can I fix this? Thanks again for the help!

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Some consoles roms can have headers. The header are the first bytes of the rom.It gives some info about the rom like the internal name, crc, size etc... Sometimes, headers are added by a copier tool.
For one game, you can have a pure rom (only the game), or a rom with various headers, which produce a lot of crc signature for one game.
The problem is that a datafile can only recognize one crc. To solve this problem, I introduced some plugin calculator which analyse the roms and remove the header to calculate the crc on the pure rom.

Use the romcenter nes datafile which include the nes.dll plugin.
Report bugs here.

Post by Guest »

I'm having the same problem with any game I try.

zhao__xy
Pong
Pong

problem in No-intro NES(20080712) (RC),help!

Post by zhao__xy »

CRC is right but file size is wrong
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (168.9 KiB) Viewed 43954 times

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

I'm looking at the problem.
Report bugs here.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: problem in No-intro NES(20080712) (RC),help!

Post by RomCenter »

This is a problem with the unf (?) format, which is not handled by the nes plugin. I'm looking for informations on this format so that I can add it in the dll.
Report bugs here.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

In fact, it is handled, but for some reason, the size is wrong.
Stay tuned.
Report bugs here.

dbjh
Galaga
Galaga

Post by dbjh »

I'm the author of the NES and SNES plug-ins. Eric recently sent me a notice to have a look at this problem. If you had sent me an e-mail I probably would have had a look at the problem sooner, because I don't check this forum regularly anymore. Anyway, I will look if I can reproduce the problem.
Do you experience the same problem also with uncompressed files, i.e., the files inside those zip files?

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Hi dbjh

Thank you for your reply. I think the problem appears also on unzipped files. (To be confirmed)
You can test using the plugintester available in the plugin sdk.
The size error is 32 bytes (found by editing unf format in a hex editor).
Report bugs here.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: [BUG plugin] NES everythings gray

Post by RomCenter »

I tested again today with this new datafile from no-intro and it seems to works.
Please give it a try.
Report bugs here.