Converting newer MAME roms to MAME v.34 roms

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
nanook2k3
Pong
Pong

Converting newer MAME roms to MAME v.34 roms

Post by nanook2k3 »

Perhaps I'm not using the right program, but I've been doing plenty of research and I'm hoping I can make it happen with ROMcenter. I've got a bunch of newer roms, and I'm trying to get my PSP mame emulator to recognize them (Mame4all) - and I'm told it only recognizes older versions of the roms (.34 or .35 to be specific). I've been playing around with ROMcenter v 2.71 and I get the mame datfile loaded no problem, it scans my drive and finds all my roms and recognizes them. The problem is....what do I do next!? Do I need to find a different mame datfile? They come up as "playable games" but when you right click on them, none of the "fix game" or "advanced" options are available (they're greyed out). Any suggestions? :)

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

First, you have to find a mame 0.34 datafile. Maybe logiqx can help you.
Then load the 0.34 datafile in romcenter and add your rom paths.
To make your roms the same as your 0.34 datafile, select them under the paths nodes and do a fix. Fix menus are not enabled for items under the database node (of course, these items are not physical roms).
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Logiqx
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

Post by Logiqx »

I wasn't doing datafiles back at the time of MAME 0.34 (which was released 8 years ago).

I would suggest that you download it onto a PC from http://www.mame.net/oldmame.html and see if it has the "listinfo" option.

If it does then you should be able convert it to RomCenter format using DatUtil.

Logiqx