romcenter and 7zip support

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
nayoz

romcenter and 7zip support

Post by nayoz »

hi, i am triing this rom manager...
i used an offline list no intro dat file of my n64 collection...
the nice thing is it has 7zip max compression support, also project 64 1.7 has 7zip support which is wonderful...
problem is there are many clones and you can exclude only those with different country, not revisions , proto, beta...

on the other hand... i see the no intro dat file of rom manager cut down the about 900 games in about 400 unique 500 clones, which is wonderful...
also this fixing roms seems very good although i have no idea how it works... but if it is like an ups patch system is very cool, in case is not possible... being able to reconstruct from a clone game (007 golden eye jap) all other clones and the original game would be really cool, after all only few byte of datas should differ at least i think :P

anyway...
does rom manager still have 7zip support ? i set my rom directory and it gets all files unrecognised, is there a plugin or something to do ?
cause rom manager with 7zip recognition of crc32 of inside files + 7zip roms + project 64 v 1.7, or bsnes, or any of the other 7zip supporting emulators = winwin :D

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: romcenter and 7zip support

Post by RomCenter »

Thank you for you mail.
Afaik, switching from one rom to another using ips is rarely used, except when a huge rom is re-dumped with new datas (to avoid re-downloading for only a few bytes).
But with the price of GB (TB) now, no need to bother for some MB !

7zip is not available to romcenter 3.54. It will be added in rc4.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.