Extract from .exe

Site management, affiliation, links and all topics not in 'Romcenter' or 'Datafiles' forums.

Moderator: Wanderer

woo99

Extract from .exe

Post by woo99 »

Hello,
I wanted to create a datafile from flycast. I selected the exe file of flycast in order to create the game's base but after 3h30mn nothing was extracted.
Is there a special procedure to do that ?

Thanks for your help.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: Extract from .exe

Post by Wanderer »

Hi

I don't know if anyone can help you with this, but Romcenter as a roms manager, simply gets an existing datafile and processes it. If you have problems creating the datafile from an emulator, it would probably be better to direct this question to the emulator's support forums. Try this link.

woo99

Post by woo99 »

Thanks for answering.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

You can try to extract a datafile using command line. Find the flycast command options and extract a dat, then load it with romcenter.
If you manage to extract a dat, please post the command line here so that I can analyse why it's not working in rc.
Thanks
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

SelmaAdam
Pong
Pong

Post by SelmaAdam »

Have you tried using WinZip? In order to open a .exe file without installing it, make sure to right-click on the Windows Installer files and extract their contents.

ZiporaTilda
Pong
Pong

Post by ZiporaTilda »

SelmaAdam wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:19 am
Have you tried using WinZip? In order to open a .exe file without installing it, make sure to right-click on the Windows Installer files and extract their contents.
I doubt that would help in this case.