Romcenter 4.2.beta2

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
RomCenter
Author
Author

Romcenter 4.2.beta2

Post by RomCenter »

Download here:
romcenter32_4.2.0.beta2.7z
(12.27 MiB) Downloaded 4338 times
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: Romcenter 4.2.beta2

Post by Wanderer »

Command-line problem with update (paths have been removed):
Executing command "RomCenterBeta\4.2.0.b2\rc.exe" update -u "Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM).dat" "Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM).rdt"
The result is:
Creating new database Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM) from datafile Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM).dat
New database filename already exists
Why is it trying to create an already existing database? This is an update operation i'm trying to execute.

Related bug created.

dreimer
Pong
Pong

Post by dreimer »

I have no clue if that's a problem of no-intro, or RomCenter, but recently several databases start to behave strange in RomCenter (in my case the beta here). Right now the most recent Atari 2600 and Nintendo Entertainment System Databases are what I have as problem here. What the problem is? It wants to zip all my ROMs out of nowhere. I always keep such small ROMs unzipped for easier access and that is impossible that way.

I already had some discussion with some of the maintainers and the difference between working and non working is some games now seem to suddently have 2 roms referenced under one game. Why? No clue... If I remove these entries from DAT manually, everything is green, otherwise yellow like not needed here.

The second ROM entry seems to put RomCenter in a weird "split + n

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Can you post the dat, and a screenshot of the problem ?
Report bugs here.

dreimer
Pong
Pong

Post by dreimer »

Sure
RC.jpg
RC.jpg (423 KiB) Viewed 72482 times
Atari - 2600 (20211001-222802).zip
(52.86 KiB) Downloaded 3200 times

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

Wanderer wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:56 am
Command-line problem with update (paths have been removed):
Executing command "RomCenterBeta\4.2.0.b2\rc.exe" update -u "Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM).dat" "Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM).rdt"
The result is:
Creating new database Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM) from datafile Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM).dat
Why is it trying to create an already existing database? This is an update operation i'm trying to execute.

Related bug created.
Hey Eric. Any news on that perhaps? It's the only thing i'm not able to test with RCDBM. It's pretty much finished, except for this.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Hi Wanderer,
When you update a db, you're supposed to change the name (version changes). This is the current behaviour. This is a limitation, and I will probably update that in the future.

For now, I'm improving devices management. I'm adding device mode the same way as the rom mode for example (merged, unmerged, split).
This is not an easy task because it should be working with all possible combination of rom/bios/sample modes .
Report bugs here.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

RomCenter wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:41 am
Hi Wanderer,
When you update a db, you're supposed to change the name (version changes). This is the current behaviour.
Hi Eric,

So, what you say is that i should rename the DB before executing the command. Something like:
RENAME "Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM).dat" to "Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM)_TMP.dat"

"RomCenterBeta\4.2.0.b2\rc.exe" update -u "Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM)_TMP.dat" "Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM).rdt"
and i assume the produced file will be "Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM).dat"

OK, i'll try that, thanx.
RomCenter wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:41 am
This is a limitation, and I will probably update that in the future.
Well, as is now, it seems like a bug in the command-line tool, so it would indeed be nice if the rename operation was performed by it.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

OK, i have tried two different things and they both failed.

1. Rename "Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM).rdt" to "Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM)_TMP.rdt"
2. Rename "Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM).rdt" to "Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2014-05-07_CM).rdt"

The message was:
Creating new database Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2014-05-07_CM) from datafile Amstrad CPC - Educational (TOSEC-v2015-05-07_CM).dat
at RomCenter.Logic.DataManager.CreateDatabase(DatReader datReader, String dstDbFilename, IRdtConfigUser dbsettings, FilterOptions datFilter)
at CommandLine.Program.RunUpdateAndReturnExitCode(UpdateOptions updateOptions)
at CommandLine.Program.<>c.<Main>b__11_2(UpdateOptions options)
at CommandLine.ParserResultExtensions.WithParsed[T](ParserResult`1 result, Action`1 action)
at CommandLine.Program.Main(String[] args)
CommandLine.CmdDialogs/ErrorMessage : Error message: RomCenter.Global.RcFileExistsException: New database filename already exists
at RomCenter.Logic.DataManager.CreateDatabase(DatReader datReader, String dstDbFilename, IRdtConfigUser dbsettings, FilterOptions datFilter)
at CommandLine.Program.RunUpdateAndReturnExitCode(UpdateOptions updateOptions)
at CommandLine.Program.<>c.<Main>b__11_2(UpdateOptions options)
at CommandLine.ParserResultExtensions.WithParsed[T](ParserResult`1 result, Action`1 action)
at CommandLine.Program.Main(String[] args)
What is it exactly that needs to be done?

EDIT: Whatever i've tried was unsuccessful. I even tried to create an older DB and actually update it to a newer one, but no luck.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

ok, thanks for the report.
I will have a look, but I'm very busy at the moment.
Give me 2 weeks and I will fix that.
Report bugs here.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

OK Eric, thanx. Take your time...

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

:oops: I will do a round on the 4.2 beta (fix this point, and also a problem on the latest mame) and post a 64b version as well.
Report bugs here.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

Hi Eric, great to see you're back.

We'll be waiting for your news then, thanx...

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Report bugs here.