Can I safely delete roms that are "incomplete"

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
uptown47
Pong
Pong

Can I safely delete roms that are "incomplete"

Post by uptown47 »

Hi all,
Firstly, RomCenter is awesome!! I was trying to learn ClrMAME Pro but someone suggested RomCenter and I'm not looking back. It's a great program.

I've just got a couple of questions for the good people here. I have run a scan on my Rom collection and it shows 47020 in Green - 0 in Yellow and 681 in Red.

I'm very very OCD so I can't just leave 681 in red.

So my questions are:
1) Is it possible to get a fully "green" system (i.e. 47,701 in Green) ?

2) Assuming it's not possible - am I safe to just delete all the 681 in Red so I have a fully Green system?

A big thank you for your help. :-)

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: Can I safely delete roms that are "incomplete"

Post by RomCenter »

It is possible to get all green rom, of course. you just have to check in red games which roms are missing and find them.
you can safelu try to delete red files. Romcenter will check if a rom is about to be lost if deleting (if there is only on copy of it) and it will ask a confirmation in this case.
You can force deletion, but you will lose some rom. I woudl recommend moving them to another folder in this case.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

uptown47
Pong
Pong

Post by uptown47 »

Thanks for your help Eric. Much appreciated :)

DonkeyKongo
PacMan
PacMan

Post by DonkeyKongo »

Anyone know if there's any way to run such scans on a RetroPie/Raspberry Pi-based version of MAME? (or should I be asking on the Raspberry Pi/RetroPie forums?).

Sorry, joined because I have a number of ROMs (mainly arcade ones) that I've been trying to get working (mainly for Mame2003-- or as it's noted on there, lr-mame2003-- but mame-libretro is an option as well), and hoped that this site could help me decipher the mystery of the parents, children, sets, revs, bootlegs, etc.

I do seem to recall that desktop/laptop-based versions of MAME would give you some kind of warning if files were missing (sadly it's been a number of years since I've had a good working version of MAME on my computer, which would be really helpful before I try transferring them to the Pi).

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Hi
Retropie datafile can be found here: https://github.com/libretro/mame2003-li ... r/metadata
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.