Is there a setting in Romcenter that allows files like dl_1425.bin to remain outside of their respective games?

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
dixius99
Galaga
Galaga

Is there a setting in Romcenter that allows files like dl_1425.bin to remain outside of their respective games?

Post by dixius99 »

This is a pretty obscure question. But here it is.

Nowadays, dl-1425.bin resides inside qsound_hle.zip, and it is used by several Capcom games. I have the correct qsound_hle.zip file, and Romcenter shows it as such, but all of the games that require dl-1425.bin (1944, sfa, ddsom, etc.) all show in Romcenter as being incomplete with the missing ROMs available elsewhere (yellow).

These games all work fine in MAME, but I'm wondering if there is a setting in Romcenter that will treat the games as complete, acknowledging that qsound_hle.zip is available and in the right location. Since this particular file isn't exactly BIOS, the BIOS merge settings don't help in this case (I already have this set to "Split").

A similar example is with the Arkanoid games and bootstrap.bin, which nowadays lives in m68705p3.zip. These games also show as incomplete but they work fine so long as the correct "support" file is in the right place.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: Is there a setting in Romcenter that allows files like dl_1425.bin to remain outside of their respective games?

Post by RomCenter »

Hi
This behavior is not correct. I fixed something similar in the next version.
Anyway, I will check these specific cases to be sure it is correct in v 4.1
Thanks for the reports and examples.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.