Unable to close deleted tabs (NullReferenceException)

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
cmav

Unable to close deleted tabs (NullReferenceException)

Post by cmav »

Hi,

I successfully added a dat file for Mame 227 and fixed my romset. Afterwards I tried to delete this instance from Romcentre however when I try to delete the tab I get an error "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object, Romcneter will close" and the program just closes.

I tried uninstalling and deleting every Romcenter folder I could and then reinstalling again but the same tabs still appearing after reinstalling.

Any idea how I can completely reset my romcenter so that these redundant tabs go away?

Thanks

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: Unable to close deleted tabs (NullReferenceException)

Post by Wanderer »

Hi there and welcome.

Already reported here. It will probably be fixed in a later version.

cmav

Post by cmav »

Ok thanks,

until it is fixed, how can I completely wipe any remnants of my existing romscenter installation so I can install it afresh?

Deleting the install and /usr/ folder isnt enough.

Thanks

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

Well, normally that should be enough.

From the "/usr" though, i'm i to understand you're using it under Linux? If so, i can't say for sure, i haven't tried it my self.

Under Windows, some (mainly config) files are placed under %USERPROFILE%AppData\Local folder.

From a related wiki page:
No-installer version

Unzip the installation package with folders. All required files are provided.
Settings are stored by default in the romcenter folder. To change this folder, edit romcenter/startup.ini, set a new location and copy your current romcenter\settings in the new location.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for your input guys, it works well for me now