4.1.1 - Help filtering the roms and exporting them

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
theplague
Pong
Pong

4.1.1 - Help filtering the roms and exporting them

Post by theplague »

I'm using version 4.1.1, I've scanned the .data file, set my filter preferences (language priority, no slot machines games, exclude no dump, exclude bad dumps, no mechanical games, etc).

Then I scanned my "not merged" mame 2003 rom set.

The problem now is:

1. Around 365 games are reported to be not working (missing files), but if I run mame 2003 (the same that generated the .dat) and pick that file it will run just fine, and that's for 99% of the games romcenter reported to not work. Also, it clams 771 files are "unknown", again these are playable so I don't know why the info from the data doesn't match this if the emulator runs these false positives fine.

2. I ahve 4943 files, and I was expecting to move the files that match my filter to a new folder, If I go to Rom Files I have all roms there, without the filters I chose, including the ones to be claimed missing files that work, how go I get these filters to apply to the folder I just scanned so I can copy only the files that match my criteria?

I would appreciate some help.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: 4.1.1 - Help filtering the roms and exporting them

Post by RomCenter »

Hi
Please double check you correctly set the filter. If some games are unknown, it means they have not been imported (filtered).
Also be sure that your dat matches your mame version (2003). The best you can do is to import games directly from the mame exe.
Check also that you load in romcenter all rom paths used by mame. It is possible that mame find some rom in paths that are not in romcenter.

Then, if you still have problems, please post a screenshot here (use attachments button)
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.