Sublist Submission?

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
CKemu
PacMan
PacMan

Sublist Submission?

Post by CKemu »

Well, been using RomCenter for quite some time, recently sorting out the MAME 0.92 set.

Never actually seen the 'Sublist' section of this site, and it says contact the author to submit a sublist?..I assumed via email, but I have never been a fan of emailing devs, nothing seems to get through ;)

So below is a link for those of you wishing to have a sublist for SEGA Titan Video System [ST-V] Thought it might be usefull as it is emulated (to some extent) in MAME and Satourne.

My apologies if someone has already done this!

SEGA Titan Video System [ST-V] [Compressed with winRAR 3.40]
AMD64 3200+ [2.20GHz] | 1GB DDR400 RAM | GeForce FX5950u [66.93] |120GB HDD [S-ATA / RAID] | ASUS K8V Mobo | winXP64 RC1 / WinXP32 Home SP2
PCSX2 BetaTester | Satourne BetaTester

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Thank you for this post.

Note that sublists is curently broken in beta 4. It will be fixed in beta 5.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Logiqx
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

Post by Logiqx »

I've just had an idea about sublists. DatUtil has two useful options:

-g -c <game names> - save games and their clones only
-G <sourcefile names> - save games in specified sourcefiles only

These have the effect that when you load a data file, only the selected games are saved. I can easily add an output format called 'sublist' that would be in RomCenter sublist format (i.e. the header and a list of games).

For example, to generate a neogeo sublist:
datutil -G neogeo.c -f sublist mame.dat

To generate a ZN1/ZN2 sublist:
datutil -g cpzn1,cpzn2 -c -f sublist mame.dat

To generate a Pacman clones sublist:
datutil -g puckman -c -f sublist mame.dat

People can then create sublists in a very easy way. I'll add the feature when I next get a chance to work on DatUtil.

Logiqx

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

It's a good idea, Logiqx.

FYI, I'm actually looking for a heavy update on romcenter internal structure. This will change a lot of thing, and I hope it will allow easier improvment. I'm actually testing if it is fast enough...
It will also change sublist process, so, don't spend a lot of time on it.

Note that these changes will not be include in romcenter 2.x line.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Logiqx
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

Post by Logiqx »

Don't worry, I won't take too long. It is only 5 minutes of coding time. Updating the release notes and web site will take longer!

CKemu
PacMan
PacMan

Post by CKemu »

That sounds like a very good idea to me. Hopefully covering Model 2B-CRX and Model 2C-CRX.. More and more emulators are conforming to the 'set' standards that MAME uses. Which means less need for indervidual dats per emu, but a mear filters to cover MAME's set.....
AMD64 3200+ [2.20GHz] | 1GB DDR400 RAM | GeForce FX5950u [66.93] |120GB HDD [S-ATA / RAID] | ASUS K8V Mobo | winXP64 RC1 / WinXP32 Home SP2

Logiqx
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

DatUtil v2.14

Post by Logiqx »

I've released DatUtil v2.14 which may be of some use in creating sublists. Note that it is not created with the intention of giving you a killer sublist creation tool, it is a simple addition that I made so that the existing game selection functionality in DatUtil could be used to quickly create a sublist. Relevant options:

-f sublist [-g <game names> [-c]] [-G <sourcefile names>] [-!] [-r]

I don't plan on extending the game selection functionality so please don't suggest ideas like years, manufacturers, wildcards or the anything else. It won't even make it onto my todo list. ;)

Available from http://www.logiqx.com/

Logiqx

CKemu
PacMan
PacMan

Post by CKemu »

Made:

Capcom ZN1 [ZN1].lst
Capcom ZN1 [ZN2].lst
PlayChoice-10 [PC10].lst
SEGA Titan Video System [ST-V].lst
SNK NeoGeo [NG].lst

by simply typing:

datutil -f sublist -g neogeo -c 93b.dat
datutil -f sublist -g stvbios -c 93b.dat

etc, as by naming the bios for that system it will build a sublist of all games that use the particular BIOS. Now a quick question (and perhaps somewhat daft).

To make a sublist of cps1 / cps2 games or model 2B. Would I need the particular source files, or can this be done from a romcenter dat (built via the MAME.EXE)?

Logiqx
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

Post by Logiqx »

You need to use native XML from MAME (i.e. 'mame -listxml >mamelist.xml'). It contains the sourcefile information that you require(e.g. cps1.c, cps2.c) then you can use '-G cps1.c', etc.